$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Pascal St-Louis
Canada
flag msg tools
I can't find what would be the correct way to play the Abominotaur.
In a given situation, if moving toward the loudest noise could either be accomplished by smashing through a wall or advancing in a street zone which would it choose?

The same question is valid once inside a building. Would it travels inside the building or start by smashing a wall to get out?

In other words, is smashing through a wall his primary objective or would a clear path (like a street or inside a building) could be taken since it is "easier"?
Bear in mind that in my example either choice take the Abominotaur closer to it's target.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
It may not be RAW but the way we play is if it is the same distance, he will go the path of least resistance (i.e. not smash walls). He only smashes walls if it is the faster than any other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
It would take the shortest route possible whether it's the street, through walls, or a combination of the two. If there are multiple shortest routes you get to choose like any other time there are multiple shortest routes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rules for Abominations are that you choose which way they move when path lengths are equal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
It may not be RAW but the way we play is if it is the same distance, he will go the path of least resistance (i.e. not smash walls). He only smashes walls if it is the faster than any other way.

This is also the way I would play, but we also factor in the movement of the last action, so he would tend to continue in the same direction as his last move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If he can smash then why wouldn't you?! Unless of course this would cause a huge problem with zombie influx into your space. Then Maybe take the path of least resistance. But either way officially you get to choose per the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:
If he can smash then why wouldn't you?! Unless of course this would cause a huge problem with zombie influx into your space. Then Maybe take the path of least resistance. But either way officially you get to choose per the rules.

I'd say that most of the time, you would choose not to knock down the wall. If it is the only wall on the paths involved, then knocking it down will cause any other Zombies in that space to split, which you usually don't want (although sometimes you do!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:
When the game has the players choose something for the zombies I have the zombies do what I think they would do in a movie or video game. I don't have them do what is best for the heroes (but I also don't have them do what is worst for the heroes if it isn't something they would be able to figure out).

I would rather the extra immersion that comes from zombies acting in character then win a game because the zombies did something monumentally bad for themselves. YMMV, choose what is most fun when the game tells you to make a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.