Matt West
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
How I desire the touch of Nothingness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Techno Bowl have an official presence at Gen Con? I'd love to check it out in person.

Alternatively, will anyone have a print & play/review copy at Gen Con that would be interested in hosting a few games for those of us who are excited about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if there will be official presence but I can bring my copy along. I'm not staying near the hotel though, so it'd be preferable to set up a time to play so I can coordinate having it with me and putting it back in my car etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WestMatt wrote:
Will Techno Bowl have an official presence at Gen Con? I'd love to check it out in person.

Alternatively, will anyone have a print & play/review copy at Gen Con that would be interested in hosting a few games for those of us who are excited about it?

There won't be an official presence, but It sounds like Raf is going to have his copy there. Thanks Raf! There's a small chance that I might still be able to make it there in an 'unofficial' capacity [meaning no booth]. If that happens, I'll definitely update everyone here and be playing TECHNO BOWL the whole time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to give it a shot. I've got Thursday night, Friday from morning until 6 PM, and a chunk of Saturday afternoon. (Friday preferred)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt West
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
How I desire the touch of Nothingness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks for the replies, Raf and Brent. I sent you a geekmail, Raf. hope that's cool. And Brent we'll just wait to hear from ya!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else going to be at Gen Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Friday will work the best. Stephen I can meet up with you at almost any point, and then I'll have the game with me and Matt we can meet up in the evening when your group settles around the open tables.

If I can't get parking or drive in, I'll probably strip it down to 2 teams and only bring cards/pieces for those teams rather than try to pack everything. Otherwise I may be able to bring the whole shebang. I'll already have a laptop and microphone in my bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Carnes

jefferson
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmb
I will be a Gen Con, and would like to see/play/demo the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'm going to be at Gen Con too!

So, pretty much anytime that I'm not meeting with a manufacturer/publisher or doing an interview, I'll be playing TECHNO BOWL in the Open Gaming hall. I'm going to try to coordinate with Raff so we can be there playing at the same time. Might turn into a mini-tournament before all is said and done!!cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update people. It looks like Friday is going to be my big day of Techno Bowl, as far as scheduled play will go. Going to meet up with someone who PM'd me around 3, then a couple more around 6.

Brent - let's coordinate around that time. If you're already hanging out somewhere I'll come to you, make it easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at GC Weds-Sunday, staying on-site, so I'm available any time.

Oooooooh mama, I cannot wait to try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
Just wanted to update people. It looks like Friday is going to be my big day of Techno Bowl, as far as scheduled play will go. Going to meet up with someone who PM'd me around 3, then a couple more around 6.

Brent - let's coordinate around that time. If you're already hanging out somewhere I'll come to you, make it easier!

Sounds like a plan Raf! I sent you a message.

laserjudas wrote:
I'll be at GC Weds-Sunday, staying on-site, so I'm available any time.

Oooooooh mama, I cannot wait to try this.

Fantastic! It's going to be really cool getting to personally introduce the game to people that have been following along with this thread. Just don't think I'm going to go easy on you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I finally got a Twitter account...

If you're going to the Gen Con, you can use it to find out where we are gaming at and everyone else who won't be there in person can use it to keep track of of what's going on and be part of the action.

@thebrentspivey

#technobowl #morefun! #genconpug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chung
msg tools
Brent,

Thanks for repeatedly playing the game with me Friday and Saturday night in the Hall. Also thanks for the tips on the airline miles.

Can't wait for the Kickstarter. Great design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bruceyichechung wrote:
Brent,

Thanks for repeatedly playing the game with me Friday and Saturday night in the Hall. Also thanks for the tips on the airline miles.

Can't wait for the Kickstarter. Great design.

My pleasure! It was a TECHNO BOWL marathon, and it was so much fun. I appreciated everyone that came by, but the guys like you, Spencer, Rick, Raf, and Charlie, that returned to help demo [and even teach the game to others] were a HUGE help. It's so much easier to demo and teach when you have an opponent to set-up against you.

It was also cool meeting other BGG users like Matt, Stephen, Joseph, John K, Nick, and getting to game with them and get their feedback. I also have to give some special props to
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

He was one of the few players to face off against me using all of the player abilities on a team, and he played it like a champ. Good times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm proud to say that my guys were really good at tackling Harry Danders once they ran him down, and also, you really do not want to be in the position of trying to run down Harry Danders.

Also, that one wildcat motion play was something else, and I've been thinking through things to try that play with similar ideas. With the thing where you move two players half each (repositioning or whatever the word I've forgotten is): could I do a thing where B takes the handoff from A for the first half move, and then A takes the other half move now that he no longer has the ball?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
I'm proud to say that my guys were really good at tackling Harry Danders once they ran him down, and also, you really do not want to be in the position of trying to run down Harry Danders.

That's so very true. Danders is a beast! You played defense against him really well though.

lomn wrote:
Also, that one wildcat motion play was something else...

cool

lomn wrote:
With the thing where you move two players half each (repositioning or whatever the word I've forgotten is): could I do a thing where B takes the handoff from A for the first half move, and then A takes the other half move now that he no longer has the ball?

First, it's nice to see that designing formations and plays has already wiggled its way into your daily life. Don't be alarmed- it's perfectly normal!

As for the adjustment, unfortunately you wouldn't be able to do that. Here's a snippet from the rules [with the key word being 'neither']:

Neither player may begin an adjustment in possession of the football. These players may not perform any actions that require skill checks during this adjustment, but they may take a hand-off, attempt to catch an airborne pass, or try to pick up a loose ball. Players may be moved in any order desired by the coach.

So, you couldn't do what you mentioned above while performing an adjustment, but you could do it by generating a free action. For example, on the team you were playing with, Blellow could start with the ball, hand it off to Sesentaeseis, and then perform a shake on a linemen [like a #34 or #45]. Hopefully that would generate an action for Sesentaeseis [or another player!], who could then run the ball himself OR hand it back off to Blellow if the situation warranted.

I'll add that there are quite a few other really slick wildcat motion possibilities using an offensive adjustment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a blast; it was great to finally play again. I ended up playing a game against Charlie in the Ding vs Dent 2016 SuperBowl. Then taught a couple of my friends, both of which are now looking forward to the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That wasn't a game, it was a slaughter. I think my coach was drunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Peletis

Chicago
msg tools
mb
Brent...great to meet you at Gencon. The game was a blast and can't wait to get my friends into the Kickstarter. Happy to do an interview on our show, Zlurpcast, when it launches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
Had a blast; it was great to finally play again. I ended up playing a game against Charlie in the Ding vs Dent 2016 SuperBowl. Then taught a couple of my friends, both of which are now looking forward to the KS.

charlest wrote:
That wasn't a game, it was a slaughter. I think my coach was drunk.

It was great having you guys there [and thanks for teaching the game]! It did seem like the Ding vs Dent match-up was just a little one-sided this year.

Hopefully, you'll be able to play in the first official TECHNO BOWL GenCon tournament next year...

jp4media wrote:
Brent...great to meet you at Gencon. The game was a blast and can't wait to get my friends into the Kickstarter. Happy to do an interview on our show, Zlurpcast, when it launches.

It was awesome meeting you guys, and I'm glad that you're digging the game. I'll definitely do your show when the Kickstarter launches!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody needs to post some pics and AARs....

Please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:

Please
I'm getting mine pulled together.

Short term, here's the overtime safety Rick just mentioned in the main thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:

Please

Here are a couple of pics/comments from Twitter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:

Please

Here's a shot from earlier in the game between the PIT BULLS and the KITTENS that Stephen posted a picture from. Even with two players knocked down, #65 managed to break outside and get into the open field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.