6 Posts

Last Blitzkrieg» Forums » General

Subject: Does this game have a solo ai or is it play both sides? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
With all these great reviews im itching to purchase but I see no REAL support for gaming solo except for me playing both sides...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I roll

I believe you will have to play both sides if you want to play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
.... Upsetting, heck if this had an AI id purchase it easily for $150 - $180

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving it solo and playing both sides.

But if it's an AI you really want, there's already a fairly new Bulge game that has one: Enemy Action: Ardennes, by John Butterfield (solitaire game designer extraordinaire).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably worth noting that most wargames (90% +) are not designed with solo ai structures (this is especially true of the hex and counter variety of wargames). The inclusion of a solo a.i. "bot" is a fairly recent development for wargames (with a few exceptions). From what I've seen of those that have 'em, I vastly prefer the old school solo method, a.k.a, playing both sides as well as possible (in my case, playing the attacker proactively, with advanced planning and thought, and the defender reactively, not spending any time thinking about the defender's moves until the attacker finishes their moves). I think the old way works great, but I understand different strokes and all that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game with multiple formations, each of which is equipped with multiple battalions - many uniquely so. There are multiple VP locations, and logistical concerns figure prominently.

For all those reasons and others, there is no effective means whereby an AI flowchart could be designed taking fewer than several dozen pages. And nothing on such a flowchart could offer results half as effective as the player taking turns, playing both sides.

This isn't a COIN game or Churchill. This is a full-blown wargame with hundreds of units falling under multiple commands, with multiple objectives.

You already have solo rules built into your head - just be willing to give them a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.