Battle for Sularia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sites with an Activate Power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. F. PRETZ
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I have a general question about Site cards that have an ACTIVATE power.

We know that when we activate a combatant, it is sideways and therefore cannot be used to attack or defend. This is normally reflective in that I used a combatant to attack you on my turn therefore I cannot use him to defend on your turn. And then there's the combatants that have an activate power which you are basically using instead of attack/defend.

Does a site with an activation power get turned sideways and if so, does it then not produce Sularium?

If that's the case, does activating it before or after your Sularium phase then have tactical repercussions to the game?

Oh and I read page 81 of the comprehensive rules on this and still don't know, that's why I'm asking the forum. Thanks ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you total the amount of Sularium generated by all the cards you control. It doesn't say anything about their position so I understand that a card keeps generating Sularium even when it's rotated.
A rotated card only means that it's been activated and you can't activate it again until it's reset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hruby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a site is "activated" it only indicates it has used its ability. The site will produces its sularium, and if in the front row still guards the site behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Punch-It Entertainment
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
comicshopguy wrote:

Oh and I read page 81 of the comprehensive rules on this and still don't know, that's why I'm asking the forum. Thanks ahead of time.

Hi Brandon,

Page 81 is just instructing you on what an activated ability is, which is also a Payment Ability by rule. Status of a card whether activated or reset does not have any impact on sularium production. This holds true for combatants that produce sularium as well.

I hope this helps along with the other responses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. F. PRETZ
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Thanks for everybody's responses! This helped a lot. ☺
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Love seeing these large card images, such a great looking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.