Mauro Pecula
msg tools
Hello,
I'm a begginer RC player and a have a some doubts about totem icons.
1- When I discover an island (put a island tile on board by exploration action) i need to resolve at the time the totem mistery according scenario?
If not, i need to explore again the tile with totem in order to resolve the totem mistery? Because i bealive that if it is the right way to resolve it, seems like an optional action to do... it's not mandatory regadless some scenarios...
There are som relation between totem and mistery cards? like, i must draw a mistery card for every island tile discovered with totem icon?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
each scenario will tell you how to resolve it, usually when you place the tile & unless my memory fails me, it's mandatory, not optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you first reveal any tile with a totem on it, look at the scenario card. It tells you what the totem means for that scenario. The first scenario, for example, tells you to just ignore them. Whereas, in the cannibal scenario, it tells you that each totem is a cannibal village that you probably want to burn down using a hunting action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
Like previously mentioned, the scenario sheet will tell you. Some totems are "instant" (e.g. "The exploring character of that hex takes a wound"), others trigger the option for an additional action in later rounds ("explore the temple"), which could be optional or a win condition for the scenario. In "King Kong" for instance, they trigger actions needed to win the scenario, but also affect the "weather phase". But as far as I'm concerned, you will always know, how to resolve a totem, when you look at the scenario sheet. They are all described well, so no worry. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Pecula
msg tools
Thanks everybody!! with the explanations and reading again the scenarios I finally got!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.