Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I have blocks in the hex on map 15 that contains the word Azyna at the start of my turn, are they on the road or not?

What I cannot determine by the rules is if we must keep track of if we entered on a road the prior turn in these cases.

It seems that if I entered from Farrell with ground units one turn, I could cross the river without a bridge the next turn by moving upwards, since the hexside that I'm wanting to cross in that case is clear/coastal and the entire issue with the bottom of that hex has no impact on my move upward.

What do others think about this? Am I missing something obvious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hmmm. I'm thinking non-amphibian ground units in the center of the Azyna river hex cannot use the road.

Therefore if units from Farrell that move into the hex using the road cannot cross the river into the center of the hex. One reason is that Clear/Coastal terrain only involves sea or lake not river.

However, does this mean units on the road can't battle units in the center of the hex? Share a hex? Perhaps attack strength is halved for battling across a river.

Man, I can see how multiple terrain on the same hexside can cause confusion.

Merv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a mistake. Rivers are supposed to be hexside terrain, so anything on the other side of the river should belong to a different hex. I'd actually treat the road as running through the forest hex to the south.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Niko Ruf wrote:
That looks like a mistake. Rivers are supposed to be hexside terrain, so anything on the other side of the river should belong to a different hex. I'd actually treat the road as running through the forest hex to the south.

Okay, that sounds good.

Or another "fix" could be not to have the road at all. From the west, the Hahn forest might encourage the scenic route to Farrell (for non-forest folk ground units of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys.

I have found a few other such issues on maps, but they are pretty good overall: I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.