Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just read the rules and have not played the game yet. One thing struck me as a bit strange:

When your stress is on the border to the next positive stress level and is located in a stress level which has three spots (e.g. the blue one), what keeps you from first doing overtime (giving you two hourglasses plus two stress) and with your next action take a rest which will "cure" thw two stress just received, thus resulting in a net gain of an hourglass?

Such a move sounds terribly unthematic - doing overtime and taking a rest to gain time, but if I am not mistaken it looks like a legal move... (which I would not like to see in is game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Mixo wrote:
I have just read the rules and have not played the game yet. One thing struck me as a bit strange:

When your stress is on the border to the next positive stress level and is located in a stress level which has three spots (e.g. the blue one), what keeps you from first doing overtime (giving you two hourglasses plus two stress) and with your next action take a rest which will "cure" thw two stress just received, thus resulting in a net gain of an hourglass?

Such a move sounds terribly unthematic - doing overtime and taking a rest to gain time, but if I am not mistaken it looks like a legal move... (which I would not like to see in is game)

Your nett gain is zero because:
- you spent 1 hourglass to get stress (take 2 hourglasses) / nett gain 1
- used the 1 hourglass to rest / nett gain 0

You basically wasted 2 actions to get back on the same state of affairs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read your math correctly, you do not gain an hourglass. You start with one, use it to gain 2, and then use one of those 2 to go back to the setting before gaining those 2, which means you now have 1 hourglass to do an action with, which could have been what you did with the first hourglass instead of starting this chain.

Edit: ninjaed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
Mixo wrote:

Your nett gain is zero because:
- you spent 1 hourglass to get stress (take 2 hourglasses) / nett gain 1
- used the 1 hourglass to rest / nett gain 0

You basically wasted 2 actions to get back on the same state of affairs

Silly me - of course you are right. Good to hear that this is NOT possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you are Resourceful you get a resource of your choice out of the deal, so it seems in that case you should do it every adult phase...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Well, if you are Resourceful you get a resource of your choice out of the deal, so it seems in that case you should do it every adult phase...
Still probably not worth two actions, if there's stuff on the board that's worth snagging before an opponent does. Maybe if you're the last player left with time and it's the end of the round...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Still probably not worth two actions, if there's stuff on the board that's worth snagging before an opponent does. Maybe if you're the last player left with time and it's the end of the round...

In solo mode there is no penalty for doing so, it's a net zero action for 1 wild resource each turn of adulthood. Still... Compare to Nerd or the like, it's only mildly better, and you do need not to take any other Stress to benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
In solo mode there is no penalty for doing so, it's a net zero action for 1 wild resource each turn of adulthood. Still... Compare to Nerd or the like, it's only mildly better, and you do need not to take any other Stress to benefit.
Yes. If you're playing in solo mode, and if you have Resourceful as your childhood trait, and if you find yourself at the low end of whatever section of the Stress meter you're on, then you can "game the system" for 1 free resource of your choice per adult round (a maximum of four over the length of the entire game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.