5 Posts

Blitz! A World in Conflict» Forums » General

Subject: Solo is it with a bot or ai or is it me playing all sides? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geromino Pares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there specific bot rules or ai or is it me playing both sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's you playing everyone. It solos really well though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Most AI systems I find annoying. Its one thing for card driven resource collector games like COIN games. But for Hex and counter/area games you have a hard time evolving an AI to be competent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry to hear this - I was ready to grab a copy if it had an AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Actually *programming* a computer AI to play game like this in a smart way would be an awfully tricky task. (Just ask Matrix!)

However, I've toyed with the idea of including some solitaire guidelines for the follow-up game / expansion, Blitz! A Half Century Of Conflict. The idea would be to roll some dice to set the basic priorities of any major power that you didn't want to have to think through yourself.

Germany in WW2 might look like this for example:

1: Sea Lion: try to conquer Great Britain, while taking out Spain and Gibraltar; avoid war with Russia as long as possible.

2-3: Delayed Barbarossa: conquer Spain and Gibraltar, then go for Russia after that.

4-5: Barbarossa: Go for Russia right after France.

6: Continental Hegemony: delay war with Russia and the USA as long as possible. Don't try to invade England, but take out Spain and Gibraltar, North Africa, Egypt, and try to ally with (or if necessary conquer) Iraq and Persia.

A suggested timeline follows to outline your goals for the first few turns under each plan.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.