Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Curro
United States
Auburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things I'm most interested in knowing about this updated version is how the dice tests will work.

The original Mansions of Madness uses a single d10; a roll result that's equal to or under an investigator's stat was a success. Arkham and Eldritch Horror both use d6s for resolving stat tests. This game comes with d8s, and this second preview article mentions "whenever you perform a skill check, you will roll a number of dice equal to the value of that skill, and with enough successful results", which is the way tests are made in Arkham and Eldritch Horror.

I wonder which roll results are successes in MM2E. 6, 7, and 8s? (5s also if blessed? only 7 and 8s if cursed?)

-MC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would appear that there are success-symbols (elder signs), blanks and clue icons (which could be turned into successes using clue tokens). So it's not a numeral, it's a distribution of at least one (or more if required?) successes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/26/the-mad...

They talk a good bit about the dice use here. Mikkel has it right pretty much. You'll be told to roll for a certain number of successes based on what you're trying to do. I haven't read the article in it's entirety yet so I'm not sure but I would hope that different characters would be able to roll different amounts of dice for different types of challenges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
I haven't read the article in it's entirety yet so I'm not sure but I would hope that different characters would be able to roll different amounts of dice for different types of challenges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the article, I actually got the sense that they are using the X-wing dice system. They both use 8 sided dice and in X-wing if you have a focus token you can turn all focus die results into a successes. It seemed like the clue tokens would function in the same way. Spend a clue token to change a die result into a success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.