Popular Tags: [View All]
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know they're not even out yet, but this is BGG, so surely everyone has an opinion, and there might even be playtesters lurking around (so there opinion would be even more appreciated.)

As far as I'm aware there are 3 games about to come out that all tackle Martian colonization. I wanna buy 1 of them. Help me pick with some pros-cons you know about.

First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet. They say "Robinson Crusoe in space". Okay, this gives me an idea what this game will look like, but it's pure coop (a big minus in our group), and I have Robinson Crusoe already, so they'd be competing for the same chance to get on the table. But, it has a proven designer, and thanks to the app intergration is hopefully well campaignable (RC only started to hit the table more often for us when Beagle came out). If none of the others can convince me, this is my default choice, but I'd rather buy a competitive game if possible.

Martians: A Story of Civilization: It's on KS right now, it's raking in the big money, it has plastic and all the usual bling. Started watching a preview video, but I wish somebody would just boil it down to two sentences why (apart from the theme) should I care for yet-another-workerplacement. If I wanna play WP, I have my flexible-player-number hits (Viticulture, Extra Extra), brain burners (Dungeon Petz&Lords), and epics (Trickerion, Empires: AoD) already. What does this have to stand out of the crowd?

Terraforming Mars: Tile laying/card playing. More serious scientific background. This looks more appealing, plus seems to be hitting streets earlier than the other two. It also goes up to 5p, which is a plus. Can anyone who played/tested this chime in about the flow? How "fun" is it?

Plus questions to anyone who played either: downtime? player interaction? fast flow/fiddlyness? excitement levels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For completeness' sake there is another that recently delivered to KS backers, but which is far simpler (think Catan) than any of those: Mission to Mars 2049.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.