Hide
6 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: When setting up a chapter, how far in should you look or read? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
I found sometimes that some chapters were hard when it came to how to flip the board pieces. How deeply should one read, or look at the pictures, etc.? Don't want to cheat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you look at both sides of the tiles to find a path through, that's fine.. Except in chapter 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
I found sometimes that some chapters were hard when it came to how to flip the board pieces. How deeply should one read, or look at the pictures, etc.? Don't want to cheat!

I generally only read up to where the specific information for playing the first tile starts.

HOWEVER

When playing with younger players, It is really best to either read the complete chapter, or to play the chapter solo before playing with the group. I found that if I don't do this I spend a lot of time going back and forth from the game to the scenario book and rule book, which is too much down time to keep kids interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sheppard
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I usually read the rules but never any of the story. I find that reading the rules in advance help the game run smoother, rather than having everyone waiting for you to figure out what happens next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jdecay wrote:
I usually read the rules but never any of the story. I find that reading the rules in advance help the game run smoother, rather than having everyone waiting for you to figure out what happens next.

Same here. The majority of the things you can find that helps you out, are in most cases 'required' anyway, as you need them to beat the level.

We've found that the game to be quite hard, if you follow the rules exactly, so any help you can gain is welcome. 8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with kids and your native language is not English take your time and translate everything ahead.

I am working on a Czech translation and I found it much be than trying to translate on the fly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.