Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
68 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: French priest killed in his church by two muslims. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: But_Obama_Did_it! [+] [View All]
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently one of the villains was on day release wearing a tracking bracelet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Karis
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was like what, the 5th terrorist attack in Europe within a week? But hey, "refugees welcome!" and Islam is a religion of peace.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Where they make a desert, they call it peace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MacKaris wrote:
This was like what, the 5th terrorist attack in Europe within a week? But hey, "refugees welcome!" and Islam is a religion of peace.


That didn't take long!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
Heard about this last night and again this morning on the radio where the news presenter went on to say that French authorities had urged churches to review their "security measures". What frigging security measures, it's a church?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MacKaris wrote:
This was like what, the 5th terrorist attack in Europe within a week? But hey, "refugees welcome!" and Islam is a religion of peace.


Hey slow your roll, there is no evidence that they did this in the name of their religion. Are you saying all Muslims kill people ?

Also : Crusades.

There, I got that out of the way on behalf of the ostrich brigade.
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Karis
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
MacKaris wrote:
This was like what, the 5th terrorist attack in Europe within a week? But hey, "refugees welcome!" and Islam is a religion of peace.


Hey slow your roll, there is no evidence that they did this in the name of their religion. Are you saying all Muslims kill people ?

Also : Crusades.

There, I got that out of the way on behalf of the ostrich brigade.


They did it in the name of ISIS, which is "The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, and by its Arabic language acronym Daesh, is a Salafi jihadist militant group that follows a fundamentalist, Wahhabi doctrine of Sunni Islam."

So yeah, I'd call that evidence.

And also yeah, if there was an actual, Pope mandated crusade underway at the moment, I would totally understand if people living in a Muslim or a heathen country would view Christians and Christianity as a bit suspect... (I know that doesn't directly compare to the current state of affairs with the terrorist attacks, but you brought up crusades, not me)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MacKaris wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
MacKaris wrote:
This was like what, the 5th terrorist attack in Europe within a week? :D But hey, "refugees welcome!" and Islam is a religion of peace.


Hey slow your roll, there is no evidence that they did this in the name of their religion. Are you saying all Muslims kill people ?

Also : Crusades.

There, I got that out of the way on behalf of the ostrich brigade.


They did it in the name of ISIS, which is "The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, and by its Arabic language acronym Daesh, is a Salafi jihadist militant group that follows a fundamentalist, Wahhabi doctrine of Sunni Islam."

So yeah, I'd call that evidence.

And also yeah, if there was an actual, Pope mandated crusade underway at the moment, I would totally understand if people living in a Muslim or a heathen country would view Christians and Christianity as a bit suspect... :D (I know that doesn't directly compare to the current state of affairs with the terrorist attacks, but you brought up crusades, not me)
Rather then a US mandated one.

If you use language like "crusade" and "heathen" in your rhetoric then people are going to think you are making war on their faith, and not on a specific group.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rochdale-imam-mur...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Heard about this last night and again this morning on the radio where the news presenter went on to say that French authorities had urged churches to review their "security measures". What frigging security measures, it's a church?


Indeed!

At least Connor MacLeod and The Kurgan had the decency to respect the one place where beheadings were not permitted. On the other hand, these ISIS people are just assholes!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Karis
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
you are making war


I'm not the one slitting the throats of priests, mind you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MacKaris wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
you are making war


I'm not the one slitting the throats of priests, mind you.


Nah, just one whipping up hatred of an entire religion based on the acts of a few. And doing exactly what the few (ISIS) wants you to do.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MacKaris wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
you are making war


I'm not the one slitting the throats of priests, mind you. :D
NO, and neither are most Muslims who people like Trump want to keep out of the USA, neither were those 77 people killed by a US bomb.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Karis
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
MacKaris wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
you are making war


I'm not the one slitting the throats of priests, mind you.


Nah, just one whipping up hatred of an entire religion based on the acts of a few. And doing exactly what the few (ISIS) wants you to do.


The ISIS doesn't want me to whip up hatred against anything. The ISIS wants to kill infidels.

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MacKaris wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
MacKaris wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
you are making war


I'm not the one slitting the throats of priests, mind you. :D


Nah, just one whipping up hatred of an entire religion based on the acts of a few. And doing exactly what the few (ISIS) wants you to do.


The ISIS doesn't want me to whip up hatred against anything. The ISIS wants to kill infidels.

Yes ISIL do, that is why they carry out these attacks. They want to be seen as the only people standing up for Islam. They can only do this if Islam is being persecuted.

They are a millennial cult that wants the world to burn, they they can inherit the ashes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
They can only do this if Islam is being persecuted.


Which middle eastern country that they operate in are the being persecuted in again ? Because they do a whole lot of sick shit in the name of god in those nations as well.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Who needs walls or borders? Only racists and Islamaphobes think such nonsense. Let them come from near and far. Let them all flow through Europe and give them a big ol' hug when you see them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
They can only do this if Islam is being persecuted.


Which middle eastern country that they operate in are the being persecuted in again ? Because they do a whole lot of sick shit in the name of god in those nations as well.
Yes, to provoke us into action.

This is not about them bring persecuted (I would have thought that was clear form what I said) but they fact they want to be able to claim someone else is. Like a false flag operation it is about a Casus belli, a rallying cry for the faithful.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Who needs walls or borders? Only racists and Islamaphobes think such nonsense. Let them come from near and far. Let them all flow through Europe and give them a big ol' hug when you see them.
Do you know I have been able to go out today and not be killed once by a Muslim terrorist. I have seen a couple of Muslims, neither of whom saw the need to blow up.

It's almost as if Muslims can leave in peace with other people, and only a few nutters are the problem.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Another attack in the name of [omitted].

France has really had a rough couple years. But here across the pond our leadership can't even say [omitted]. Our moronic Secretary of State says that air conditioning is just as much of a threat as [omitted].

If you want to help the world, you are encouraged to sign this petition to remove air conditioning from all US State Department property.

Since it's such a big threat, I think our politicians should demonstrate they mean what they say.
Yet is that not just the argument used about other kinds of violent death, "ahhh but X is more deadly", is that a facile argument then?

And Kerry did say ISIL (the people carrying out the attack) and did not say that "Air Conditioners as Big a Threat as ISIS". He said that tackling HFC overuse is as important, not as deadly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
Who needs walls or borders? Only racists and Islamaphobes think such nonsense. Let them come from near and far. Let them all flow through Europe and give them a big ol' hug when you see them.
Do you know I have been able to go out today and not be killed once by a Muslim terrorist. I have seen a couple of Muslims, neither of whom saw the need to blow up.

It's almost as if Muslims can leave in peace with other people, and only a few nutters are the problem.


Saw a lovely family enjoying some tea at the local bubble tea house as well. Astounding to some that they were just out to enjoy the day with their family no doubt
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Put up or shut up, John Kerry! Get rid of your air conditioners! Get rid of your refrigerators! (Including that fridge you keep on the yacht you park in Rhode Island to avoid paying Massachusetts taxes on it.)

How do you know his use HFC's?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Another attack in the name of [omitted].

France has really had a rough couple years. But here across the pond our leadership can't even say [omitted]. Our moronic Secretary of State says that air conditioning is just as much of a threat as [omitted].

If you want to help the world, you are encouraged to sign this petition to remove air conditioning from all US State Department property.

Since it's such a big threat, I think our politicians should demonstrate they mean what they say.
Yet is that not just the argument used about other kinds of violent death, "ahhh but X is more deadly", is that a facile argument then?

And Kerry did say ISIL (the people carrying out the attack) and did not say that "Air Conditioners as Big a Threat as ISIS". He said that tackling HFC overuse is as important, not as deadly.


He is just living "up" to the new standards on the right as espoused by Newt Gingrich. Its not facts that are important, its feelings. Drew seems to be feeling somewhat unhinged apparently
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
Avatar
mb
Man, the circle jerk in here is so loud I heard it driving into work.

2 million immigrants come into Germany in 2015, a couple of them run amuck for ISIL, and it's a world wide epidemic of Islam.

*yawn*

Americans, let me tell you. We have ISIL operatives in the U.S. right now, and they probably aren't even immigrants. Fucking deal.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
2 million immigrants come into Germany in 2015, a couple of them run amuck for ISIL, and it's a world wide epidemic of Islam.

*yawn*


Is this what you mean by "a couple of them" running amuck?

Go ahead and yawn. It's just twelve-hundred women sexually assaulted. On one single evening. Nothing to see. I guess.
And only half the attacks were foreign nationals, and a foreigner is not automatically a Muslim.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Diabolik771 wrote:
Who needs walls or borders? Only racists and Islamaphobes think such nonsense. Let them come from near and far. Let them all flow through Europe and give them a big ol' hug when you see them.
Do you know I have been able to go out today and not be killed once by a Muslim terrorist. I have seen a couple of Muslims, neither of whom saw the need to blow up.

It's almost as if Muslims can leave in peace with other people, and only a few nutters are the problem.

HA! More than a few nutters. Can you ever be truly honest? There all those peaceful Muslim countries in the middle east, huh? Oh, it's only because poverty or white privilege that terror exists. That's the narrative from the libs, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Man, the circle jerk in here is so loud I heard it driving into work.

2 million immigrants come into Germany in 2015, a couple of them run amuck for ISIL, and it's a world wide epidemic of Islam.

*yawn*

Americans, let me tell you. We have ISIL operatives in the U.S. right now, and they probably aren't even immigrants. Fucking deal.

Wow, what denial!
I suggest counseling or at least a CT scan of your brain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.