Subject: Public choices rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has "a few" choices to be made by the players. I am a bit curious about how public these are.

a) When planning the turn, are you supposed to communicate with your fellow players? This could lead to long turns. How are you supposed to keep the opponent from eavesdropping?

b) When levelling your character, do you consult your team mates? Do your opponents know what you just tech'ed? I guess they must know since the "partner card" of what you tech'ed will be your item, giving you a permanent boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:
This game has "a few" choices to be made by the players. I am a bit curious about how public these are.

a) When planning the turn, are you supposed to communicate with your fellow players? This could lead to long turns. How are you supposed to keep the opponent from eavesdropping?

At one point I wanted to come up with some rules regulating that, but dropped the idea since I believe that in the game like this, each gaming group will end up using the approach which works best for them specifically.

In a way, the fact that your opponents are right there in front of you work as a limitation for endless discussion of who needs to do what.

During play-tests people tended to give vague hints to their teammates most of the time, and specific plans at the crucial stages. Like "let's get him now!".

You sort of have to balance the need for guessing your allies actions versus making your plans apparent to the opponents.

PiHalbe wrote:

b) When levelling your character, do you consult your team mates? Do your opponents know what you just tech'ed? I guess they must know since the "partner card" of what you tech'ed will be your item, giving you a permanent boost.

When you know the game well enough, you know what everybody has, just by looking at the items. As for consulting with team mates - again - nothing stops you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that mostly confirms my guesses. Thanks for the info. I'm really excited for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:
I'm really excited for the game.

Thanks!
Believe it or not, so am I. Can't wait to get my own box. :)

Btw, I see that you're from Germany? Do visit our stand at Essen.
We're considering to run a mini-tournament with prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.