Subject: Cube Design - Microsealed By Jason Waddell of Riptide Lab rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/cube-design-microsea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there something you want to discuss from this article, or some quote from it that you find particularly insightful or useful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always wanted to try this format, but I'd rather do away with the fiddly extra rules about lands and paying life to reshuffle, etc. I'd also like a more elegant way to handle sideboarding (or perhaps just do away with sideboarding entirely?).

Thanks for posting this, it reminded me I want to try it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
delirimouse wrote:
I've always wanted to try this format, but I'd rather do away with the fiddly extra rules about lands and paying life to reshuffle, etc. I'd also like a more elegant way to handle sideboarding (or perhaps just do away with sideboarding entirely?).

Thanks for posting this, it reminded me I want to try it!

This format appeals to the hard core MTG fans as well as the more casual players such as myself.

If you find a way to improve it, Delirimouse, please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
Is there something you want to discuss from this article, or some quote from it that you find particularly insightful or useful?

I would say that I find the whole article insightful and useful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiryfoe wrote:
logopolys wrote:

I would say that I find the whole article insightful and useful!

My point was that it's frowned upon to simply spam links without context or discussion on this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
The link has not to my knowledge been posted before which declassifies it as spam.

As to being frowned upon, that's not my intention and it puzzles and saddens me to hear this.

It could be instead that I have posted too much in the past and you are annoyed with me personally. I apologize, I assume I was ending up in subscriber inboxes. MTG is an exciting game and I must have been caught up in wanting to share ideas and did not consider that my posts could potentially irritate. I will think carefully before posting in the future.

I believe this link should be seen as its own entity - I merely draw it to your attention. It is one that should be seen by the MTG community as it has a thorough explanation of a variant that has entertained a few and has potential to entertain more. I feel it has a better chance of doing it justice than I could, though in the future I will consider giving a brief introduction, so thank you for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiryfoe wrote:
The link has not to my knowledge been posted before which declassifies it as spam.

That doesn't declassify it as such, but whatev.

Jiryfoe wrote:
It could be instead that I have posted too much in the past and you are annoyed with me personally.

I've never heard of you before.

Jiryfoe wrote:
I believe this link should be seen as its own entity - I merely draw it to your attention. It is one that should be seen by the MTG community as it has a thorough explanation of a variant that has entertained a few and has potential to entertain more. I feel it has a better chance of doing it justice than I could, though in the future I will consider giving a brief introduction, so thank you for your feedback.

I think this is where we're having a communication breakdown. If you want people to read the link, actually present it. Give it an introduction or critique. Give us a reason to click it. Help us think that you're doing more than trying to generate clicks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
[q="Jiryfoe"]The link has not to my knowledge been posted before which declassifies it as spam.

That doesn't declassify it as such, but whatev.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming
“excessive multiple posting—the repeated posting of the same message.”

I LOVE YOU, BROTHER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're going to win this one. You're ignoring the actual critique and not even acknowledging its existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.