Subject: Wonder Activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, having now played through one solo game and one three player game, I have a few queries regarding wonder activation that I didn't feel was made clear in the rules. It would have been nice to see a complete reference for all wonder and adviser cards (like there is in Agricola) so you don't have to rely purely on your interpretation of icons.

1) Wonders that predicate you are 1st in some area (such as military or quantity of wonders, etc.), are activated at any point in your turn that you choose as long as you meet the condition? So, for instance, I start my turn joint equal in military but play the military action card and become 1st. I can then activate my card?

2) There was a wonder (I can't remember its name) that on spending a cube allows you to recycle a card from your discard pile. Do you have to spend a cube specifically to recycle a card or can you activate the wonder when you spend a cube for some other reason (such as increasing your science)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon,

Greetings from across the pond!

I don't disagree with you at all...the rules could have definitely used a bit more explanation for the Wonders. I'll answer your inquiries in-turn:

1) Yes! As soon as you play your Military Action Card and advance on the Military Track of the Matrix, you may immediately 'activate' your Wonder which is dependent upon you being in the 1st position.

2) No, you must specifically expend the cube to garner the benefit from the Wonder. To put it the other way, using a cube for some other action does not meet the criteria for 'activating' the Wonder.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll all click into place shortly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.