8 Posts

Imperial Settlers» Forums » General

Subject: Imperial Settlers or 51st State for a Solo experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B.
msg tools
Hi guys,

as a huge Fan of Robinson Crusoe I would like to try out other Games by Ignacy... Imperial Settlers And 51st State seem to be pretty similar - so if we arme just Talking about Solo Play, which one would you recommend? I think I prefer the theme of 51st State a bit, IS seems to be more elegant though (And a Game that I actually might Play with my GF from Time to Time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same position - not sure which one is better for solo play.

I have IS, and enjoy playing solo, but am tempted to try 51st State. The reviews and game play videos that I have seen look like it might play well as a solo game.

If you are thinking of playing with your GF though she might prefer the "friendlier" aspects of Imperial Settlers more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dori Dori
Poland
Krakow
malopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would go with Imperial Settlers. I have tried both solo and they are pretty similliar (this same almost) except the end game trigger which in 51st might be better for multiplayer but is a little worse for solo. In IS you will have more fun in building engine for 5 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say Imperial Settlers for solo as well. The campaign system (in the files section here on bgg & on Portal's website) has been very satisfying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the IS solo supplement as well. Your empire eventually crumbles down due to upkeep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Likemike wrote:
as a huge Fan of Robinson Crusoe I would like to try out other Games by Ignacy...

And just in case you haven't heard about it, be on the lookout for this:
First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both and love both for solo. If I could only have 1 I would probably pick imperial settlers. The theme is a little more pleasant and the solo AI and bit easier to play against. The solo AI in 51st state can take out some buildings pretty easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T E

Redwood City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny! I'm clearly in the minoority but I actually prefer 51st State solo. I like the fact that the AI can destroy your items easily. Keeps me on my toes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.