Subject: Polania ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniele daniele
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
mb
Faction ability let to choose up 2 options in encounters. Can you use coins/benefits/resources taken from 1^ option to choose a second option in encounter card?
Or are the 3 options on the encounter card simultaneous?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
cely81 wrote:
Faction ability let to choose up 2 options in encounters. Can you use coins/benefits/resources taken from 1^ option to choose a second option in encounter card?

Yes, you can chain the two options. I believe this is explicitly stated in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Kristiansen
Denmark
Kongens Lyngby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Furthermore, you can take them in any order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
cely81 wrote:

Yes, you can chain the two options. I believe this is explicitly stated in the rulebook.

Klaus O K wrote:
Furthermore, you can take them in any order.

Indeed, page 21 of the rules states both of these explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add another rules thread that is very clearly explained in the rulebook to the pile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Add another rules thread that is very clearly explained in the rulebook to the pile

Yep, maybe people throw the rules out with new games. Maybe people should just respond to these posts with "read the rule book" and stop being lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
itmo wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Yep, maybe people throw the rules out with new games. Maybe people should just respond to these posts with "read the rule book" and stop being lazy.

Yep, it's so much easier to have the answers spoon fed to you. Reading in 2016? Aint nobody got time for that.. /sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

itmo wrote:
Maybe people should just respond to these posts with "read the rule book".

I tried that approach once, and did so in a tactful way. But still, I got absolutely flamed for it. Then, the OP's question was blatantly and directly answered in the rulebook - and easy to find - so that I simply pointed him to page and column.

Whoa! The response I received was as if I was calling out some mother's baby for being ugly. I wasn't being friendly enough. It seems that even gamers can be offended by the smallest things now-a-days. So now I do it in a simple passive-aggressive way... I answer the question, then I point the OP to page and column. But I'd rather save a lot of time by doing it the other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Netherlands
Ede
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hrm. I do believe the Internet Community as a whole even developed a nifty acronym (or is it a FLA?) for cases like this ...

RTFM

I for one can't blame anyone for having trouble locating a rule in ASL, but with Scythe, it's like an insult to all the hard work the writers, playtesters, editors and translators put in the overly clear and well laid out rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
I'll never be GotW I guess because I'm not nice enough for this community....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.