4 Posts

BANG! A Fistful of Cards» Forums » Rules

Subject: Russian Roulette & Barrel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio
msg tools
Hi everyone!

The Russian Roulette card says: "When RR enters play, [...] each player discards a Missed!, until one player does not [...]".

I understand that "Missed!" means that players can discard not only Missed cards, but also Iron Plate, Dodge, Bible, Ten Gallon Hat etc.

My doubt is about Barrel: since the card has to be discarded and usually a player can't get rid of any blue card simply discarding it, in my opinion players can't discard a Barrel when Russian Roulette enters play.

Is it correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.dvgiochi.net/bang_a_fistful_of_cards/bang_a_fistf...
Quote:
Q13. Can I use cards like Barrel, Bible etc. or characters special abilities (like Jourdonnais’) to
avoid the effect of the Russian Roulette?
A. Yes.

Base rules for Barrel says that instead of discarding a Missed! you can try a Barrel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio
msg tools
The same FAQ is a little different in italian (I don't know if you're familiar with it):

"Si possono usare carte diverse dal Mancato! ma con lo stesso effetto per evitare la Roulette Russa?

R. Sì."

The meaning is more or less the same but Barrel isn't mentioned.

I'm still not sure...the event card specifically says "discard" so even if your answer were correct, the Barrel would have to be discarded.

Moreover, since you're discarding a card with Missed effect (not playing it!) Dodge/Bible additional effect (=draw a card) doesn't work here.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Claudio,
normally you would be right!
However, this case is kind of an exception; rules and faqs clearly state
you can "use" any kind of card with the <missed!> icon; and if you choose to use the Barrel, you don't need to discard it; instead apply its normal effect.

Hope this helps

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.