Subject: Have they changed combat? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they done away with the card combat in the new edition?

I hope there is a new, faster system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:

If only there were some kind of app to take care of the combat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, please, no combats in the app! (Unless you can do it with cards and dice as well.)
I hope they have improved the combat system. The card shuffling in the first edition was too fiddly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't care about having to continuously draw a combat card until you drew the one that applied. To me this was time consuming and it could have been resolved better. Perhaps a die to represent the type of combat occurring (ie ranged die, melee die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Oh, please, no combats in the app! (Unless you can do it with cards and dice as well.)
I hope they have improved the combat system. The card shuffling in the first edition was too fiddly.

So you want it with cards but you don't want it with cards...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I didn't care about having to continuously draw a combat card until you drew the one that applied. To me this was time consuming and it could have been resolved better. Perhaps a die to represent the type of combat occurring (ie ranged die, melee die).

The font would have to be awfully small to fit all the flavour text on the sides of the dice though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
grahamj wrote:

The font would have to be awfully small to fit all the flavour text on the sides of the dice though.

laugh

The answer is giant inflatable dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
lugiber wrote:

So you want it with cards but you don't want it with cards...?

Yes there's only two options here.
1.) The really crap solution based on a total randomness of cards.
2.) Not having to draw multiple random cards to get where you want to be.
(Yup, this might just be the one time when sarcasm actually translate into text.)

Edit: Sorry my mobile keyboard just couldn't find the proper language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cazzmataz wrote:

No combat cards in the content list so, yes, they have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acererak wrote:

Sweet!
Sadly it will probably be another month before the game reach Swedish shores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Acererak wrote:

Sweet!
Sadly it will probably be another month before the game reach Swedish shores.

Haven't they said it's releasing everywhere next Thursday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Combat will be determined via dices. Elder Signs count as succes, blank spaces as fail. Investigator signs can be turned into Elder Signs if a clue token is spend (reminds me of focus in X-Wing). How many dices you can throw is probably determined by an attribute of yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Haven't they said it's releasing everywhere next Thursday?

Oh please let it be so!

Exilfranke wrote:
Combat will be determined via dices. Elder Signs count as succes, blank spaces as fail. Investigator signs can be turned into Elder Signs if a clue token is spend (reminds me of focus in X-Wing). How many dices you can throw is probably determined by an attribute of yours.

Sounds a lot like arkham horror. Peter approves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acererak wrote:
Cazzmataz wrote:

I have to correct myself. Combat cards still exist, but integrated in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Yeah, I'm toying with the app and combat seems to be tell the app you're fighting, tell the app with what, the app processes a "Card" which tells you what check to make, you roll the real world dice and tell the app what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Yeah, I'm toying with the app and combat seems to be tell the app you're fighting, tell the app with what, the app processes a "Card" which tells you what check to make, you roll the real world dice and tell the app what happened.

Just to be clear, you don't tell the app how many successes you rolled. The potential outcomes of the combat will already be displayed on the screen. The only thing you might do is enter the amount of damage the monster took.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

Exactly. Basically, you select the category of weapon you're using (this includes the option to attack with a spell as well) and the app instructs you what to do next, i.e. which stat needs to be tested, and the amount of damage you can deal to your target (in some cases it's the base value of the weapon + the test result, and so on). Then you have to assign damage to the monster. Once you reach the life threashold of the monster, the app will tell you the monster will be discarded if you confirm the damage. Confirm it, and the monster is gone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

Exactly. Basically, you select the category of weapon you're using (this includes the option to attack with a spell as well) and the app instructs you what to do next, i.e. which stat needs to be tested, and the amount of damage you can deal to your target (in some cases it's the base value of the weapon + the test result, and so on). Then you have to manually enter the successes scored in the app. Once you reach the life threashold of the monster, the app will tell you the monster will be discarded if you confirm the damage. Confirm it, and the monster is gone

*cough*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

Exactly. Basically, you select the category of weapon you're using (this includes the option to attack with a spell as well) and the app instructs you what to do next, i.e. which stat needs to be tested, and the amount of damage you can deal to your target (in some cases it's the base value of the weapon + the test result, and so on). Then you have to manually enter the successes scored in the app. Once you reach the life threashold of the monster, the app will tell you the monster will be discarded if you confirm the damage. Confirm it, and the monster is gone

*cough*

Edited. Better? Sorry, written in a rush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.