Subject: K Wing Squad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Minchin
England
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
I want to play a 100 point game using 2 K Wings, has anyone got any good combinations?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also been wondering about this.

Miranda, TLT, conner net, extra munitions, adv. slam is where I started, plus a few variations of warden squadron pilots.

I haven't found anything I'm attached to yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A single K-Wing - Miranda - works great to kite enemy ships around the board. Players see her and automatically go after her.

Don't load much on her, just a few bombs like Seismic Charges, things you can drop without using your action.

Take pop-shots with her turret. SLAM if you need to pull away. Heal when you need to, but don't be afraid to spend a shield when in Range 1 to take a 4 dice attack.

Use the bulk of your points to build a jousting ship squad. 4 Z-95 Headhunters are only 48 points and are a great choice.
A-Wings work.
A few B-wings are good too.

Use the squad to get behind the kited enemy and light them up.

It is amazing how well it works.

Conversely, you can use 3 K-Wings.

Give each the same build - Advanced SLAM, Siesmic Charge and either Homing Missiles or Assualt Missiles depending on if you are fighting a single large large ship or an enemy squad.

Go for the alpha strike the use the turrets to finish off the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.