Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Mitchell
United States
Snyder
New York
flag msg tools
mb
As an example : White Knight fighting a pack of goblins .... ugh.

The W. Knight is unhidden, so if for example I wanted to alert my weapon, OR run away Id have to play an appropriate FIGHT or MOVE chit with speed faster than the goblins (3) which isn't possible with the W Knights chits?

So I then must fight these little creatures. I place my attention chit on 1 goblin ... designating him as my target, and place my weapon (Great sword) in the SWING box. Armor goes in the armor protection box.

Now the great sword has H6 attack - would I still play a FIGHT chit next to it? Or does it count as an H6 chit in a sense? Either way, none of my fight chits are fast enough to undercut these little goblins. So do I bother placing a chit here by the weapon?

As far as manuevering : I place my H4** move chit in the Charge box, to prevent me from getting undercut by the speedy (4) goblins. There are my two droplets for this round , so if need be I can use my H6 FIGHT chit by the weapon, but that'd be the only one, as the others are all droplet chits.

Then I assign the goblins to the boxes .... Placing my target alone in a box, another single goblin in a box, then a stack of the other 4 goblins in the remaining box. Is that the correct procedure for placing them, and is it smart to place the stack of 4 .. hoping they don't intercept my "maneuver".

I choose this example as it had several opponents and a few of the rules were confusing me about the set up and resolution here. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
realfist wrote:
As an example : White Knight fighting a pack of goblins .... ugh.

The W. Knight is unhidden, so if for example I wanted to alert my weapon, OR run away Id have to play an appropriate FIGHT or MOVE chit with speed faster than the goblins (3) which isn't possible with the W Knights chits?

Correct.

realfist wrote:

So I then must fight these little creatures. I place my attention chit on 1 goblin ... designating him as my target, and place my weapon (Great sword) in the SWING box. Armor goes in the armor protection box.

Now the great sword has H6 attack - would I still play a FIGHT chit next to it? Or does it count as an H6 chit in a sense? Either way, none of my fight chits are fast enough to undercut these little goblins. So do I bother placing a chit here by the weapon?

You must always play a fight chit with a weapon. If you have no active fight chits or choose not to use your fight chit because you want to use all your fatigue droplets in maneuvering, then you do not have to play a fight chit - but you don't get to use a weapon either. The weapon speed overrides the speed on the chit. If there is no speed on the weapon then the speed is designated by the fight chit.

realfist wrote:

As far as manuevering : I place my H4** move chit in the Charge box, to prevent me from getting undercut by the speedy (4) goblins. There are my two droplets for this round , so if need be I can use my H6 FIGHT chit by the weapon, but that'd be the only one, as the others are all droplet chits.

Correct.

realfist wrote:

Then I assign the goblins to the boxes .... Placing my target alone in a box, another single goblin in a box, then a stack of the other 4 goblins in the remaining box. Is that the correct procedure for placing them, and is it smart to place the stack of 4 .. hoping they don't intercept my "maneuver".

Yes, that's certainly legal. It's not clear that it's better than spreading the goblins out - but I have a feeling it's the right move. I used to play this wrong myself and spread them out as equally as possible until I was corrected on this forum.

realfist wrote:

I choose this example as it had several opponents and a few of the rules were confusing me about the set up and resolution here. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Try this battle out in the battle.exe battle simulator in Realmspeak - it should help you clear things up if you read the logfile.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Mitchell
United States
Snyder
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hector - Thanks much for the detailed input. Getting my feet wet after a decade with Magic Realm! And obviously getting the ground wet with the blood of my white knight cry this was on day 4 ....

I did not intend to be unhidden but failed two hide rolls before moving which got me into this situation. Will run the combat likely a few times to practice and see diff outcomes.

Thanks again!

EDIT : I will test out that simulator as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.