Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very young during the Bill Clinton presidency/campaigns, so I am fairly ignorant on all the issues surrounding his history of alleged sexual assaults, and Hillary Clinton allegedly covering up for him and attacking women.

Juanita Broaddrick has been claiming that she was raped for decades, yet nobody seems to really care.

Is the general consensus that she is lying? Why did/would she lie? Is she not given the benefit of the doubt? I'm a little confused here, because I never see anyone discussing it.

What about his other escapades? I mean, Lewinsky was proven beyond any doubt after denial after denial by both Bill and HIllary. I do not believe for an instant she was the first or the only one. Why does nobody seem to care?

Why does nobody at the DNC Convention care that, at the very least, he is a proven sexual harasser? If he was the CEO of a company, he would have been sued and fired for that. I just don't really understand how nobody in the Democratic Party seems to care, or do they just not care because he is a Democrat?

What am I missing here?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
What am I missing here?


Progressive willingly overlook any misdeeds as long as you currently support their ideology.

This is why Hillary can kiss a Grand Klegale, take money from nations that kill gays, take money from wallstreet and it gets dismissed. Bill can sexually harass women.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.


No, I mean she's been claiming for decades that she was raped. It isn't a new accusation.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.


So are you saying she made it all up?

What about the other accusers/events?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
What am I missing here?


Progressive willingly overlook any misdeeds as long as you currently support their ideology.

This is why Hillary can kiss a Grand Klegale, take money from nations that kill gays, take money from wallstreet and it gets dismissed. Bill can sexually harass women.
Maybe then the Republicans should have picked a candidate against whom all those allegations (in one form or another) can be laid agasint.

Also try some fact checking before agreeing with something.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
What am I missing here?


Progressive willingly overlook any misdeeds as long as you currently support their ideology.

This is why Hillary can kiss a Grand Klegale, take money from nations that kill gays, take money from wallstreet and it gets dismissed. Bill can sexually harass women.


I understand, like, He's not Her, whatever, not her crimes.

But he was cheered and applauded at the convention, and has spoken at every DNC convention since like the 80s.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.


So are you saying she made it all up?

What about the other accusers/events?
NO I am saying there was no evidacen beyond her word.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.


So are you saying she made it all up?

What about the other accusers/events?
NO I am saying there was no evidacen beyond her word.


I mean, isn't the status quo in the DNC to believe the accuser? What about all the other women? Are there not any?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.


So are you saying she made it all up?

What about the other accusers/events?
NO I am saying there was no evidacen beyond her word.


I mean, isn't the status quo in the DNC to believe the accuser? What about all the other women? Are there not any?
Is it? How about some evidence?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
What am I missing here?


Progressive willingly overlook any misdeeds as long as you currently support their ideology.

This is why Hillary can kiss a Grand Klegale, take money from nations that kill gays, take money from wallstreet and it gets dismissed. Bill can sexually harass women.


If by "Grand Klegale" you mean Robert Byrd you are talking about the man the NCAAP described thusly

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

The facts seem to trip you up there. But I guess your "feelings" are more important than facts. Seems to be the new conservative trend
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.
Were any of them Juanita Broaddrick? If not that is irrelevant to the veracity of her claim.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.


So all we would have to do is follow the links you provided to see the evidence. Oops. You seem to have left those out. Funny that
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.



She says twice:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/10/exclusive...

Not that it matters, so it's kinda gross you bring up a number anyway....



Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Kumitedad wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.


So all we would have to do is follow the links you provided to see the evidence. Oops. You seem to have left those out. Funny that


Oh yeah. I forget just how ignorant the audience chooses to be.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/every-clinton-sex-assault...

Here's the one of the first few of a million Google links.

Don't bother clicking. You don't care. Juanita was brutally raped. His politics are right. That's all you care about.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.



She says twice:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/10/exclusive...

Not that it matters, so it's kinda gross you bring up a number anyway....



Ferret
Thanks for that, I could only find reference to one rape. I suppose it becasue it was (in essence) the same incident. But I stand corrected.

And if it is gross to bring up the number of times a person was rapped, why did you do it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.


He's certainly been a busy boy over the years:





None of this really speaks to her utter lack of qualification for any office whatsoever, though I suppose it does speak to her lack of morality and contempt for the law.



Ferret


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.


So all we would have to do is follow the links you provided to see the evidence. Oops. You seem to have left those out. Funny that


Oh yeah. I forget just how ignorant the audience chooses to be.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/every-clinton-sex-assault...

Here's the one of the first few of a million Google links.

Don't bother clicking. You don't care. Juanita was brutally raped. His politics are right. That's all you care about.
Sexual assault and rape are not the same thing, as most decent college swimmers will tell you.

And there is only one reference in this source to a police report.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.



She says twice:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/10/exclusive...

Not that it matters, so it's kinda gross you bring up a number anyway....



Ferret
Thanks for that, I could only find reference to one rape. I suppose it becasue it was (in essence) the same incident. But I stand corrected.

And if it is gross to bring up the number of times a person was rapped, why did you do it?


First, it's "raped" not "rapped".

Second, you brought it up (by saying "once" like that matters)...I was showing you why it was wrong/irrelevant/choose your favorite negative word here.

We know you defend Bill's actions, no need to be shy about it.




Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Bill was named in at least 2 police reports as an alleged rapist BEFORE he was governor.


He's certainly been a busy boy over the years:





None of this really speaks to her utter lack of qualification for any office whatsoever, though I suppose it does speak to her lack of morality and contempt for the law.



Ferret


Says someone who ignores what the law says about innocence.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Well for a start she was not rapped over decades, she was raped decades ago (once).

Maybe that might give you a hint.



She says twice:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/10/exclusive...

Not that it matters, so it's kinda gross you bring up a number anyway....



Ferret
Thanks for that, I could only find reference to one rape. I suppose it becasue it was (in essence) the same incident. But I stand corrected.

And if it is gross to bring up the number of times a person was rapped, why did you do it?


First, it's "raped" not "rapped".

Second, you brought it up (by saying "once" like that matters)...I was showing you why it was wrong/irrelevant/choose your favorite negative word here.

We know you defend Bill's actions, no need to be shy about it.




Ferret
And guess what, I was doing the same, pointing out it was not over decades.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the time, the Democratic line seemed to be, "He does a lot of good for women's rights in general, so "small" indiscretions can be overlooked." Kind of a "you have to break eggs to make an omelet" situation.

I don't think anyone ever tried to dispute that he had state troopers transport women to a hotel room for assignations which even if not rape, were certainly sexual harassment because the women involved reported at least indirectly to him as governor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just strange to me to watch his speech where he talked about his relationship with Hillary and how they met and made a life together, when I'd heard vaguely about all the women he harassed and sexually assaulted throughout the whole time frame.

But nobody in the media seemed to say anything about it (but they were quick to mention that Melania wasn't Trump's first wife).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine W
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been brought up in the election campaign, mostly by Trump. Bill was impeached for lying about affairs; one reason for the vote to impeach was Juanita B, but they couldn't publicize her name at the time. Afterwards, Peggy Noonan wrote a column, with her name, on how her accusation was credible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.