badge
Bill: Sheriff -- winner
Eric: Deputy -- winner
James: Renegade
Tami: Outlaw
Phil: Deputy
Bob: Outlaw
Brian: Outlaw

Bill, possessing a great sheriff ability of requiring two "Misses" to avoid his "Bang!"s, started the game off as expected by shooting Bob. James, sitting on Bill's right and going second, came out all chummy and friendly, helping Bill throughout the game. Bill gave James a lot of help by asking a couple of times which card should be placed on the discard pile last, since James could take one of his draws from the discards. I was completely fooled by James for the first several turns, thinking he was the other Deputy, and only later realized he might be bluffing.

On the first turn, I played both Injuns and Gatling -- possibly a risky move for a Deputy, but I figured our side was outnumbered, so I needed to bring everyone down together -- then randomly shot Phil.

Brian died first and never got to use his Vulture Sam ability of stealing dead player's cards. Bob followed quickly despite multiple Barrel uses, then Phil took a fatal blow and turned up the other Deputy. Whoops! Phil died as a result of Bill's Injun attack, so Bill lost his hand and all cards in play, including his Barrel and Appaloosa. More importantly, James' sham was finally revealed to me, so I used subsequent General Store purchases to send Bill both a beer and a Bang! to help his cause. Once Tami took it in the chops, I encouraged Bill to hammer James and be done with it.

James was slightly muddled on the rules, thinking the Renegade had to kill only the Sheriff to win, so he didn't target me in his final turn or two. It wouldn't have mattered since I held two Miss and could have held out, but that's something all players should be clear on in future games of slaughter and pillaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.