BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Strategy

Subject: BattleGUIDES Episode 55 - Burman [Fate of Indines] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, everyone! I'm releasing this video early because I'll be out of town for a few. I didn't want to risk the internet being wonky and not uploading on time! So, have your daily dose of Dragon Dean early!

Tell me how you guys like it. Burman's a beast.

As usual, Sponsored by Level99Games! ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier D.
France
Brulain
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, Burman advanced strategy/combos :
1) charge 3 on Beat 1
2) Get hit
3) Dragonflare
4) Laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Video is private...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burman, the easiest BC character to play and win easily with other than Arec.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Burman, the easiest BC character to play and win easily with other than Arec.

Hahaha. I think Ottavia does i better ouside of Dragonflare.

dinobottm2 wrote:
Video is private...

Had to fix an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite match against Burman was when I tanked his Dragonfire finisher with Byron's Deathless Shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
My favorite match against Burman was when I tanked his Dragonfire finisher with Byron's Deathless Shot.

That sounds absolutely hype!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was pretty Hype. My opponent was a good sport about it too. Since I was going to do lethal damage anyway, he went ahead and spent the 5 firepower to plink me.

I've been on the wrong end of that too- like running face-first into Eligor's Sweet Revenge attack with a Frigid Cross.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
[q="dorktron2000"]Burman, the easiest BC character to play and win easily with other than Arec.

dinobottm2 wrote:

Eh. O6 takes some knowledge of the system. You counter one pair, predict the other and mitigate for the last. That's not as easy as some folks think. Burman is a button-mashing OP goofball. He's the weak link in the Fate cast, in my opinion, because he is strong with little investment or knowledge necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
mnmkami wrote:
[q="dorktron2000"]Burman, the easiest BC character to play and win easily with other than Arec.

dinobottm2 wrote:

Eh. O6 takes some knowledge of the system. You counter one pair, predict the other and mitigate for the last. That's not as easy as some folks think. Burman is a button-mashing OP goofball. He's the weak link in the Fate cast, in my opinion, because he is strong with little investment or knowledge necessary.

I think Burman has a lot of things going for him. I also think he's quite interesting to use and offers a lot of interesting decisions. Though, at the end of the day, he is a stat character, so a lot of his attacks are just dumb in terms of numbers.

I mean, Cadenza's very much the same, with access to lots of powerful attacks that require little to no foresight to use.

Compared to Cadenza, Burman has to think about Charges and his up/down times. He also has to actually manage resources, so that's another layer.

He doesn't trade particularly well when doing Charges (Power -1 can add up. Even then, his power's not THAT atrocious.

I do agree that Dragonflare's a bit too strong, though.

Regardless, guy's getting a nerf since Blistering's gonna lose like 50% of its effectiveness once Dash is replaced by Dodge.

themanfromsaturn wrote:
It was pretty Hype. My opponent was a good sport about it too. Since I was going to do lethal damage anyway, he went ahead and spent the 5 firepower to plink me.

I've been on the wrong end of that too- like running face-first into Eligor's Sweet Revenge attack with a Frigid Cross.

Beats like that are freaking hype. Though, they rarely happen with old SA (since I'd just Cancel instead). Pretty awesome, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about that, Marco. I think dodge will help Burman a lot because it will be an almost completely safe way to charge 2 firepower. Charging two firepower on a dash is risky because a fast attack can beat or clash it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Losing the Blistering mixup is huge though.

Dodge charge 2 is either prio 0 or 1 (depending on if he's burning Warmage's/Dire or Force SA/Dragonbreath, I doubt he'd spend Incinerating or Blistering on a throwaway), and usually 0. That's pretty clashable for a lot of people, and if it gets clashed he is super screwed. Beating prio 6/7 wasn't always doable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I don't know about that, Marco. I think dodge will help Burman a lot because it will be an almost completely safe way to charge 2 firepower. Charging two firepower on a dash is risky because a fast attack can beat or clash it.

Like Honig said, losing the ability to beat the "dash" with Blistering is absurd. At this point, there's rarely ANY reason to use Blistering at 5 (outside of using it with Burst, I guess).

Also, a free Charge 2 on a Dodge is okay, but not too OP. If you play Burman like I do, you usually have a lot of Counters anyway.

And, like Honig said, Burman's Dash at Charge 2 is either a 6 or a 7, which is not that easy to Beat. If the opponent can beat a 6 or 7, you can Charge 1 instead, which only has a difference of 1 Counter anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? That's definitely not true.

Say you play Blistering Burst charge 1 when you have 5 tokens. You're at prio -1.

If they Burst, you can retreat 2, spend 3 tokens for the range bonus and hit them for 5. If they would miss, don't spend and just hit them for 5. If they Drive or Shot, spend to go first and stun them out. Even if you're not beating Dash, Blistering with max counters is usually a free 5 damage that they have to play around.

Now, let's say you're expecting something fast so you Blistering Strike. That's prio 2, so if they go too slow you just slam them for 6 which is probably a won beat. If they outspeed, same deal but you have to spend the counters on active. If they Burst, spend for range.

Even Blistering Drive is good because it can get range to beat midrange bursts, it'll outspeed Shot and stun it out, and if they do go fast you can always just get faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
What? That's definitely not true.

Say you play Blistering Burst charge 1 when you have 5 tokens. You're at prio -1.

If they Burst, you can retreat 2, spend 3 tokens for the range bonus and hit them for 5. If they would miss, don't spend and just hit them for 5. If they Drive or Shot, spend to go first and stun them out. Even if you're not beating Dash, Blistering with max counters is usually a free 5 damage that they have to play around.

Now, let's say you're expecting something fast so you Blistering Strike. That's prio 2, so if they go too slow you just slam them for 6 which is probably a won beat. If they outspeed, same deal but you have to spend the counters on active. If they Burst, spend for range.

Even Blistering Drive is good because it can get range to beat midrange bursts, it'll outspeed Shot and stun it out, and if they do go fast you can always just get faster.

Well, I guess you just too my "any" and thought I meant literally. I think I was exaggerating. Of course there are tons of reasons to Blistering at 5 (which includes the Burst that I said was an exception). I'm just saying one of the BIGGEST reasons I did it will be gone (which was the ability to counter Dashes). There will be cases where it's good, but I'd rather just play Blistering Strikes, since I can just choose to not spend for the extra prio (since I can just trade). You can save on Tokens by doing so, which is important for keeping up the onslaught.

The same dealio goes for Burst. There's a LOT of times where you don't actually have to send for the 5.

I'm just saying that my recommended pairs for Blistering actually have a real possibility of not needing 5 Counters to work, which makes them okay to play without having 5, especially with the opponent's Discards having certain configurations.

Of course, the Dash possibility was a BIG reason I wanted to play at 5, which means that playing Blistering at 5 is less imperative? I guess I'm just saying that losing the ability to beat Dash is a big thing, which makes me devalue the whole "playing Blistering at 5" strategy. You can easily get away with spending nothing (or just for the range), is all I'm saying. With Dash "out of the way," there's hardly any reason for me to "always" play Blistering at 5. I can basically choose to take chances at doing it while at 3 or 4 Counters, which is good for unpredictability, I guess.

I hope that clears it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.