$5.00
Jeffrey van Dorp
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi fellow geeks,

I watched a couple of reviews, looked at the product pages and read a couple of threads here on this forum, but i can't make up my mind.

Which of the two should i get first?
-Descent 2nd Edition now the Road to Legend is out or
-Wait for the Mansions of Madness 2nd edition?

I really like the idea of an app assisted game even though i'm aware some of the purist dismiss the idea completely. I haven't played both games (nor the first, nor the second edition) so other then video's and written reviews i'm completely green.

I play 95% of the time with my wife. Which of the 2 games do you think my wife and i will like best as a 2 player game? And which game will offer us a deep adventure style experience?

3...2...1... Go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you like Legends of Andor I think that MoM will be a bigger hit for you since it has more of that puzzly feel.

Descent always felt more like a race for me. But this is a really tough decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like a good puzzle so I would go MoM but that's just me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally dislike app-assisted board games (why not go all the way and have _just_ the app?), but MoM 2e might change that.
I've not been a fan of the original, but the app could work really well to solve most of the perceived problems I had with it.

I'm not a fan of Descent because I feel it's too confrontational and focused on combat, while MoM puts more emphasis on the story.

So, +1 for MoM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Hale
United Kingdom
HULL
N/A
flag msg tools
Well since it's available now and free, why not give Descent a shot anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey van Dorp
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I will go for MoM.
Just contacted my FLGS To pre-order but it looks like the Dutch distributor won't be able to deliver the game on the 4th of August.
To bad I have to wait a bit longer. Perhaps I will pick up Descent anyway in the meantime.

Thanks for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.