Agricola (Revised Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra action space boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the extra little mini-boards that contain action spaces (e.g. "Day job" or the one with an extra "Wish for children" action.) I see that each of them is for a certain number of players, but can you choose to use them in any game? Or are they only supposed to be used if you're playing the simple version without minor improvement/occupation cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Winkelhaus
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link to the Mayfair product site for Agricola, where you can find PDFs of the rulebook and the glossary:

https://www.mayfairgames.com/products/agricola

The answers you are looking for are on pages 1 and 8 of the glossary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I'd read that but didn't find it quite clear. I'd guess it means they are optional for use in any game, except the "Side Job" one which is meant for the family version without hand cards. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you're right.

Quick recap:

* "Side Job" board: optional, but suggested for what the Appendix calls Beginner's Variant without Hand Cards; nothing stops you from using it even for the full game, if you want

* the other two boards: optional, if you want to make your games a bit easier/different

Side note: just like the variants listed on Appendix's pages 8 and 9, no one will stop you from "experimenting" with these extra boards or even more tweaks... just enjoy the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.