Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Shakespeare: Backstage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarifications about 2-element costume cards and unwagered cylinders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benoît Guilbaud
England
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

I'm trying to to clarify some of the expansion rules.

1. Exactly how do 2-element costumes work? The rules state 'Actors with these costumes have no rehearsing powers'. Exactly what does this mean? The base game rule does not mention rehearsing powers, only activation powers and costume powers. Or did I miss something?

Does this mean that, for example, Shylock can be activated and provide one red quill, but only once he has a full costume? And does he provide an additional re quill during dress rehearsal?

2. (simpler) - when players move unwagered cylinders from the backstage deck onto a backstage card, can they only use cylinders of their own colour?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Each time you activate an actor with 2 pieces costume, if the costume is finished, you get the bonus.
Example: Shylock, without costume, you get 1 red quill per activation ; with costume done, you get 2 red quill (one additionnal) per activation.

2. backstage cylinders: you only use the ones of your colour yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît Guilbaud
England
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmb
Merci !

Lastly, what happens to 2-element costume actors during dress rehearsal? I take it they provide no bonus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes no bonus during rehearsal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît Guilbaud
England
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmb
Brilliant, thanks for the answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they still provide a bonus based on the sum of the pieces when completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is answered on another thread. The bonus still applies.
Does anyone know how Richard III works? I assume after you dress him, you can activate his three Colour quill function without suffering the penalty of moving backwards in the ambient track.

Also, why is the icon for moving backwards on the ambient track now red on the expansion but black on the original base game? This inconsistency is annoying and misleading... Am I the only one who feels this is the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chunb wrote:
Also, why is the icon for moving backwards on the ambient track now red on the expansion but black on the original base game? This inconsistency is annoying and misleading... Am I the only one who feels this is the case?

I don't have the rules with me, but I believe they explain that the red mask brings down everybody else's ambiance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Quek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules inexplicably says the red mask is simply move your ambience down. A circle with three arrow pointing outwards indicates that it applies to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chunb wrote:

They are two different things. A black mask means bring down all other players' ambiances, which in the case of leftover purple set pieces is everybody because the board is the "player" looking at all other players. A red mask means bring down your own ambiance. Black helps the active player by hurting everyone else. Red hurts the active player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chunb wrote:
Yes, that is answered on another thread. The bonus still applies.
Does anyone know how Richard III works? I assume after you dress him, you can activate his three Colour quill function without suffering the penalty of moving backwards in the ambient track.

This was how I interpreted it, based on the previews, unless there's been a clarification/explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chunb wrote:
The rules inexplicably says the red mask is simply move your ambience down. A circle with three arrow pointing outwards indicates that it applies to others.

The red mask simply means move *only* your own ambiance down. Think of it as a cost.
The black mask means move *everybody's* ambiance down.
The mask with an arrowed-circle around it means move down the ambiance of everybody *except you.*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.