Subject: German version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Dorner
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like an amazing game.
Will there be an German version at Essen this year?
I only spotted the multilanguage version without German rules.
In the case it will come out later:
The playing material seems more or less language independent. I guess there are only the names of the systems of the ships on the tableaus. So this could be an option (if I am not patient enough^^).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The components are language indepent. I have the italian version and it plays fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

German is not yet available, but it's fair to say that the game is not very Language dependent. Our friends at Pegasus Spiele will have few copies with English available for the German Market. We've not been contacted yet by an interested German publisher.

Also the game is selling very fast, much faster than we thought it could, so we expect to be out of stock in Europe within a few weeks.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor Tallig
Germany
Potsdam
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Means out of stock in a few weeks that there is a good chance for a german publisher to print the german version of the game alongside a reprint of the multilingual version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
OWL
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pegasus will release the german version in March '17.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is the german version only for 4-8 players while the english one is for 2-8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
OWL
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should be able to play with 2 players ... but I don't think that will make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Jerusalem
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
Why is the german version only for 4-8 players while the english one is for 2-8?

Where did you see that?
The Pegasus website is showing '2-8 players'.

http://www.pegasus.de/vertrieb/premium-partner/detailansicht...

EDIT: Nevermind. That's a link to the English language version sold through the Pegasus webstore.
I can see what you mean in this video: https://boardgamegeek.com/video/124856/captain-sonar/captain...

The box does show 4-8. My first guess is that the German version wouldn't include turn-by-turn, which the only way to play it with less than 4 players, but the video includes some of the turn-by-turn maps.

The German edition of the manual also covers turn-by-turn, but the Team Lineup section does stop at 4 players.
In short, I can't answer your question. Maybe email Pegasus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Mannheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
It is out, bought it yesterday. But it's Flagstore Exclusive so you have to go to the actual Boardgame Store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.