Hide
3 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mage knight mage tower combat question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hoiting
msg tools
Hey guys this is my first play through on the game without watching tutorials and just using the rule book.... a lot! So far so good and its a great game but i finally found something i couldn't find in the rule book sojust looking for some hhelp here.
i came across a mage tower with 3 armor, dungeon offense, and 3 fame as a reward if i win. My question is with the dungeon and how that makes this tile work. Do i just take on the dungeon offense or do i need to attack bothtower and dungeons armor to win? Or if theres anything more to it im missing please fill me in.

Thanks guys,
Cement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart L

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The dungeon monster tile only provides the attach info. You do not need to kill it. The only damage you need to do to win the encounter is to kill the purple mage token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be very specific on how things work for enemies with Summon Attack:

1. The range/siege attack phase works as it always does.
2. At the start of the Block phase, draw a brown enemy for Summon Attack icon on the original enemy.
3. You now have to block the attack values of the brown enemy or enemies. If you do, discard the brown enemy immediately. If you don't, take damage based on the attack value and offensive powers of the brown enemy, then discard it.
4. The melee attack phase now works as it always does - you attack against the armor value, defensive abilities, and resistances of the original enemy.

Note that while the brown enemy is there, effects that destroy the target enemy do not affect the original enemy. Also, you don't get Fame for blocking the brown enemy - only for the original enemy if you defeat it.

This is in the rulebook on page 8, "Block Phase" items 2 and 7.a., and "Assign Damage Phase" item 6.c.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.