1) You've never played before and you'd like to play, but (likely) never will
2) You've played before and you'd like to play, but (likely) never will
3) You've never before and you'd like to play, but (likely) won't get to in a long time to come (I'd say 9+ months, but do include this figure if you can anticipate it)
4) You've played before and you'd like to play, but (likely) won't get to in a long time to come (I'd say 9+ months, but do include this figure if you can anticipate it)
1- Die Macher
Pandemic Legacy was an obvious one that I missed
2- Innovation. Especially with expasions
3- Race For The Galaxy with Xeno Invasion exp
Roll For The Galaxy with Ambition exp.
Battlestar Galactica with all expansions
Shadows Over Camelot with Merlin's Quest expansions
EDIT: some formatting stuff to make things easier is all
- Last edited Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:12 am (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:44 pm
Die Macher is a good choice.
Honorable Mention for Schlock Mercenary: Capitol Offensive (which I even own)
Okko: Era of Asagiri/Karasu (haven't played Karasu yet, but it's an expansion).
Shogun (the Queen games "Wallenstein" retheme)
Honorable mention for Anachronism
Can't think of any offhand.
4. 7 Wonders
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
2) I'm not sure I've considered this problem, I get to play a lot of things. Here I Stand is probably the least likely though.
4) Here I stand?
1. A Study in Emerald - Out of print. Unwilling to pay price for 1st edition. I don't know anyone that owns this.
Battlestar Galactica - The group has no interest in the game, plus the time limit would prevent it from getting played.
Mordheim: City of the Damned - I own this, have had it for years, and have never played it. I even own some un-opened, unpainted Skaven because I was so interested in it.
2. Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 - Would love to play this a second time with some different players. However, I don't want to take on the full cost (again). And, I'm not sure anyone that I game with who hasn't played it would play through the entire campaign.
Warhammer - Bought a started years ago and played it a couple times. Too expensive to expand and have less interest after they rebooted the setting.
Rum & Bones: Second Tide
These feel a bit like cheats, since the games won't be released until 2017.
Though, I could probably replace these with games sitting on my shelf: Keyflower, Tail Feathers, Legends of Andor: The Star Shield.
4. Star Wars: Imperial Assault - Not sure how far out this is, but I'm working on painting it.
HeroQuest - I have a few other dungeon crawlers that I've never played which I'd rather get some plays in of first. This is potentially years and years away.
Magic: The Gathering - Love playing this, but rarely take the time to go somewhere to play it.
1) Cthulhu Wars - I don't see this appearing in my more regular meetups, and it's too big for someone to be lugging to conventions. I wouldn't say "never will", though!
2) Fireball Island or Midnight Party - all the games I've recently played I have (plausible) access to, so let's go back to childhood nostalgia
3) Napoleon's Triumph - I know some people who own this, but I feel a bit shy about asking to play it. Maybe when I get a bit more proficient with wargames so I have a better chance of putting up a decent fight
4) Reef Encounter - I'd really like to play this again, but it seems difficult to find games of this "in the wild"... if I owned my own copy I could actively push for it, but even then I think this game is too difficult for me to teach with my crappy explaining skills, so I'd only be able to play this at scheduled meetings if people watched a tutorial first
- Last edited Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:31 am (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:25 am