The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary» Forums » General

Subject: $40 Tier and retail expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matti
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I've been going back and forth from EB pledge to $1 and back to EB and I'm still unsure if I'm happy with what I'm getting.
The game really looks good and I'm sure my gaming group would love it and I would love to support it through Kickstarter but I'll might end up dropping my pledge.

For me the miniatures aren't really a thing and at this point I would be happy with the $40 base game with standees even without stretch goals. However, I would love to have the option to buy the expansions but apparently they only come with miniatures. Will the retail expansions have standees like the retail base game has or do they come with miniatures and how will the retail prices compare to the KS prices (base game and expansions)?

I think it would've been better to offer the miniature version only as KS exclusive (increasing its value) and only offer the standee version at retail. They could even sell miniature packs for hobbyists at retail if there's a demand for them and still the campaign would've been more coherent than it is now.

Anyways. Good luck with the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be two retail base games - a standee version for mass market retailers (Target, etc), and a miniature version for hobby stores and OLGSs.

There will be not mass market expansions. They are hobby stores only so they will have miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for clearing this up for me. I guess I'll just have to see how many stretch goals will be unlocked to decide whether I'll keep my EB pledge or drop it completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PA
Canada
Rouyn-noranda
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Keep the EB, at 115$ you can't really go wrong, if you change your mind you can always sell it for more after you receive it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.