Subject: Wow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike n Phyllis Snedeker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Such an innocent looking game. Soft, friendly pastel colors, fishing, lace making, BUT this is a Gamer game. Family players need NOT apply.

My first observation:
FISH EARLY. Don't let one/two players run away with the fish cards. They DO NOT recycle, and offer the biggest points.

Second observation:
I'm replacing the man/woman disks with meeples. I get the role playing theme of fisherMEN and Lace-making WOMEN, but they are hard to pick up and colors blend (especially the black vs. blue)

With that said, all three players plus myself really liked it. It will be replayed again without hesitation.

Mike S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We came to the same conclusion during our first play recently as well. Fishing is huge. Grabbing the fish cards plus the building cards that award bonus points for sold fish rack up major points. Lace I feel doesnt offer the same at all, yes you can get the building cards, but you cant rack up fish to the placement limitations on the lace board. Broke 100 points and ignored the lace area entirely except for 1 worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Gruber
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike_N_Phyllis wrote:
Second observation: I'm replacing the man/woman disks with meeples. I get the role playing theme of fisherMEN and Lace-making WOMEN, but they are hard to pick up and colors blend (especially the black vs. blue) Mike S.

Excellent idea!! I don't have the game yet but from the video I watched- I could see the chits being easily confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.