Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like, it's officially announced here with tons of pictures too!

Should be out this fall. Looks pretty good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing!

Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In before "does it add more players?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does it add more players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CDF
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
Don't like how it removes the guild cards to make room for the temples. I'm sure it will still be great and I can't wait to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds in Duel felt a bit bland compared to guilds in 7W anyway. I like this change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz B
Poland
flag msg tools
ohgrande wrote:
does it add more players?

No, it is game for two players and it will remains the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KuRiCobbY wrote:
Don't like how it removes the guild cards to make room for the temples.

I actually quite like that, as I think expansions often bloat the game. And I'm a guy who loves expansions, but I much prefer the "more variants" approach (Eldritch Horror, Elder Sign) compared to the "more on top" approach (Arkham Horror, 7 Wonders).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite curious about how the Mythology and Offerings tokens will be handled in age 1. They'll likely end up on top of cards and you'll grab them when selecting that card :

Quote:
discard any single card from the structure that you want, as well as any Mythology or Offering tokens on it.

Just curious about how they'll end up distributed, though.

Also... With the addition of 3 other progress tokens, the Great Library's use to give a shot at scientific victory takes quite a hit. (When Law wasn't in the initial 5 tokens, you had a 60% chance to draw it; you'll get only 37.5% with the expansion). All those divine scrolls contradicting each other make gathering knowledge a harder task, it seems !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! The artwork looks sooo good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lewis

FLORISSANT
MO
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME, I cannot wait. Thanks for the news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:

Also... With the addition of 3 other progress tokens, the Great Library's use to give a shot at scientific victory takes quite a hit. (When Law wasn't in the initial 5 tokens, you had a 60% chance to draw it; you'll get only 37.5% with the expansion). All those divine scrolls contradicting each other make gathering knowledge a harder task, it seems !

Wait, you draw the progress token at random? Good I never played with that wonder, this would have been a doesn't count win

I also don't like that the Temple make the Guilds obsolete. Paying for stuff you don't get to use sucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

Wait, you draw the progress token at random? Good I never played with that wonder, this would have been a doesn't count win

To be exact, you draw 3 at random, then choose one of those 3. With more tokens, there's less chance to have a given token in your set of 3

I really wasn't fond of the guilds in 7W: Duel, they felt a bit too same-y and quite similar to yellow (+coin and VP) cards. I'm curious about those temples.

I'm even more curious about the red faith plastic token shown in the picture. Does it mean the Military track will serve a dual purpose with the faith token? (Could be, since the Pantheon cardboard piece comes directly on top of the military track)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad that they're not adding cards to the 3 age decks. Expansion card backs often have noticeable differences from the base game, and I've never been able to find opaque-backed sleeved in mini-euro size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.