Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Z
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if my kids will like it or not. I'll have to drive by Target and see if it's available yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules PDF can be found here: https://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/first-journey/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Tabor
msg tools
I can't seem to find any information out about an official release date. I've heard various things: it's a Target exclusive, some folks have found it at Target already even though it shouldn't have been on shelves yet, etc.

Anyone have any info? I have a 5 year old who's tired of beating us at Catan Junior, but isn't quite ready for 'normal' Ticket To Ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taborj wrote:
I can't seem to find any information out about an official release date. I've heard various things: it's a Target exclusive, some folks have found it at Target already even though it shouldn't have been on shelves yet, etc.

Anyone have any info? I have a 5 year old who's tired of beating us at Catan Junior, but isn't quite ready for 'normal' Ticket To Ride.

It is a Target exclusive this was confirmed by Alan R Moon on the thread over at the normal TTR BGG board. I am not sure the release date, but you are right, most Targets don't have them yet (i know mine doesn't) - though my brothers (who lives in a different city)Target does have them. So, my guess is that they will be available in the next few weeks at all Targets - just depends (again I guess) when your Target puts out the new Fall toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanders wrote:
It is a Target exclusive this was confirmed by Alan R Moon on the thread over at the normal TTR BGG board.
Damn, does that mean there's no chance of it hitting the UK? I'll have to look over on the main board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Tabor
msg tools
Sanders wrote:
It is a Target exclusive this was confirmed by Alan R Moon on the thread over at the normal TTR BGG board. I am not sure the release date, but you are right, most Targets don't have them yet (i know mine doesn't) - though my brothers (who lives in a different city)Target does have them. So, my guess is that they will be available in the next few weeks at all Targets - just depends (again I guess) when your Target puts out the new Fall toys.

Excellent, thank you for the information! Guess it's time to start trolling my local Target.

Edit: So, I sent my wife on a mission to the nearest Target, and they did indeed have it on the shelf. Looks like we'll be able to give it a play through tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sanders wrote:
taborj wrote:

31st is the day I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll have to go look at my Target. My son will be super happy. He likes playing TTR on my phone so this should be better and easier for him to understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Ingelstam
Sweden
flag msg tools
I guess this must be for very young players! My niece at 8 (now 9) will play this game with us adults and hold her own. Dont really see the need for a kid version of this game. But anyway, its good you are taking steps to getting them hooked early! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias88 wrote:
I guess this must be for very young players! My niece at 8 (now 9) will play this game with us adults and hold her own. Dont really see the need for a kid version of this game. But anyway, its good you are taking steps to getting them hooked early! meeple

I don't know there is a big difference between sitting there with kids for 15 minutes vs 45 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
mb
Let me just say that I was so stoked when I saw a couple days ago that this game was available! What a tremendous idea... I got a copy of the game tonight and brought it home to surprise my family... My eleven year old daughter and I absolutely loved playing it... She won the first game, and I won the second... Later on in the evening, she even told me that she liked it better than regular TtR games...Lol! I can't wait to send a copy of Ticket to Ride: First Journey to my seven year old nephew with leukemia...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.