Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got the game to the table for a few rounds. I'm enjoying it, but some new questions have arisen.

Making a second post, because the first one was very dense.

---

Pg 10 - What are Javelins for? The text on this page indicates that they can use a ranged weapon if they take a reduced movement. The units that I have seen with Javilins already have a Ranged Attack value, and all ranged attacks require a reduced movement. What is the point of this icon?

---

Pg 16 - Movement. Can a unit turn-move-turn, provided it turns in the same direction, and on the same corner? Can it move, then turn?

---

Pg 18, Pg 23 - Combat turns. I'm still having trouble with this, as the rules seem to directly contradict themselves. Pg 23 says "By encircling the enemy, players also prevent the enemy from changing it's orientation, or even moving." But Pg 18 clearly shows a unit that is encircled performing a Combat Turn. It also says that if the unit is Fleeing, and contact is lost, that the encirclement counters are removed. How can a unit unable to move break contact?

---

Page 33 - Recovering Fleeing Units - The rule says that you may make a Moral Check for a Fleeing unit. Can I make a moral check for a broken unit that is not fleeing?

---

Greeks and Persians expansions - Stacking - This icon allows the Hoplites to be stacked on the Hoplite Attendants, with the heavy Hoplites taking the damage in combat first, and the Hoplites gaining +1 movement.

What is the point of this? The Attendants have the Skirmisher icon;do the Hoplites gain this while stacked? Can the Attendants move off, do ranged attack, and go back to the Hoplites?

Why would I want to have my heavy units die off, to be replaced with lighter skirmishers? It seems I'd want to do this the other way around?

---

Game situation: I have two units next to each other. Close, but not touching. The enemy charges in, and faces with three sections, with one section near my second unit. He is not close enough to face the second unit, and there is no space for him to play an encirclement token. Does he only attack with three dice? On my turn, can I encircle him, and attack with four?

---

thank you for digging through my questions again. You've got a great game here, and I'm looking forward to getting my guys hooked on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
onus game
msg tools
Hi,

page 10

There is an event called 'throw javelins'. This is the purpose of this icon. No other unit with a ranged attack can do it when we play this event

page 16

yes, you can turn, move, turn. Or move, turn. Or any other combination

page 18 and 32

when a unit starts fleeing it turns away from the enemy and makes a reduced movement away from it. Except if it can´t move because the path is blocked by other units or because it is encircled by 3 or more sides (page 33)

page 33. If you have a Broken Unit and you want to do a Morale Check to recover it you need to use the appropiate Action Card

Stacking units. The only benefit is the +1 movement. Once they are not stacked because one of them makes a different movement than the other (skirmishing for example) they can´t be stacked again

Game situation: yes, it is exactly as you say. It will attack with 3 dice and you will be able to encircle him in your next turn after activating the unit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.