Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if the App will add to the game some real-time elements where players, for example have to solve a puzzle in less than 10 seconds or something will happen.

The XCom board game has this element, which in XCom really works well but I am not sure I would like this in Mansions of Madness.

Let's see. We will find out soon.

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgmaga wrote:
I was wondering if the App will add to the game some real-time elements where players, for example have to solve a puzzle in less than 10 seconds or something will happen.

The XCom board game has this element, which in XCom really works well but I am not sure I would like this in Mansions of Madness.

Daniel

I hope not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgmaga wrote:

Daniel

I seriously doubt it.

XCom, the video game, is all about pressure and things happening to you instead of on your schedule. The timer in the board game was a continuation of this spirit.

I'm fairly certain Road to Legend didn't include this sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a real time element, hopefully, it will only be the solving of puzzles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
tkpope wrote:
If there is a real time element, hopefully, it will only be the solving of puzzles.

The previews so far reference using clue tokens to get more moves on puzzles, which suggests that they'll still be bound by number of moves, not time. It's possible we'll see a timer on puzzles but I'd expect it to be so generous so as not to be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way, I'm excited to see the puzzle talk in tomorrow's reveal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
It would be nice to have a random event that interrupts play, like in Atmosfear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so. We use egg timers to limit the thinking time for puzzles. Otherwise, players would sit there for 10 minutes in silence to solve the puzzle in 1 turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.