Subject: What edition of rules to use rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Frattali
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
Since there a few iterations of the rules. What version should I be using to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Phil Eklund games I always look for the most recent living rules. I think these are the ones:

http://sierra-madre-games.com/sierra_madre_games_downloads.h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
provence wrote:
With Phil Eklund games I always look for the most recent living rules. I think these are the ones:

http://sierra-madre-games.com/sierra_madre_games_downloads.h...

yes do this, a lot of the optional rules (2nd card row, Roadrunner rules) are there to make the game a bit less harsh nd can easily be left out if you find that the game is to forgiving.
you can always use the rules from the box, I think they work fine but you can easily become stuck on an island due to not being able to get M dna and being surrounded by water. the optional rules kind of alleviate this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've probably used them all at one time or another, but I'm now back to using the rules-as-written.

The living and optional rules are there to make the game easier, and I don't honestly thing it needs it. It is possible to be screwed for no fault of your own, but there are usually the tools to deal with it, once you're very familiar with how disasters work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.