5 Posts

Star Realms: Colony Wars» Forums » Variants

Subject: Star Realms+ Colony wars is possible integrate or what? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo Proietti Mancini
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi guys. i bought star realms and i really love it. now i bought also colony wars. My question is, for play in 2 is possible use the 2 sets or is better for example integrate the base with some cards of colony or otherwise ?
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
You can combine them if you wish. My copies are separate since I want to play Colony Wars by itself, simply because I have played the core set thousands of times. It's nice to get a different feeling to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjo Man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think combining both for one huge trade deck could be interesting, but I usually play them separately with one or two mini expansions put in. I find that to be the best balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjo221 wrote:
I think combining both for one huge trade deck could be interesting, but I usually play them separately with one or two mini expansions put in. I find that to be the best balance.

It is interesting. But yes because you don't reliably see most of the deck like with just the base set, some wild things can happen. But that's the beauty of it. The game is still very well balanced though. I think it's a matter of taste in the end, not of balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
You can and I find it more enjoyable that way. It adds more variety and weakens certain strategies, adding more diversity in what you can do. You have to balance your own deck more, and be more flexible.

At least IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.