Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Moscow '41» Forums » Rules

Subject: Artillery & Airstrike Placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When exactly are artillery or airstrike markers placed - before or after the Defender has revealed his blocks?

The first sentence of 10.12.2. states "If there is an Artillery Fire marker in the Area..." From the context I would conclude that the marker needs to be placed BEFORE any blocks are revealed in the showdown. But I'm not sure.

Great game, by the way!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ulrich!

The Sequence of Play reported on the player aid states that Artillery/Airstrike markers are deployed during the Command Segment, thus before the Combat Segment starts.

This is something we may need to highlight?

emanuele
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Emanuele,

thanks for your reply. You are right, it's on the player aid card, I just did not see it. I think there's no need to highlight.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have two other artillery questions:

Can two HQs place artillery markers into the same area for the same battle?

Do losses from artillery/air get removed before any blocks fire?

Thanks!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mvkwasny wrote:
I have two other artillery questions:

Can two HQs place artillery markers into the same area for the same battle?

Do losses from artillery/air get removed before any blocks fire?

Thanks!


Yes, to both questions.
Check out the Combat sequence:
1. Showdown
2. Artillery Fire
3. Defender AA
4. Airstrike
5. Ground Combat

First Artillery Fire is resolved, then Defender AA, then Airstrike and finally Ground Combat. Each time the losses are applied before proceeding to the next segment.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok thanks. That is how we played it but I wanted to make sure.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Avatar
ULTIMO wrote:
Thank you Ulrich!

The Sequence of Play reported on the player aid states that Artillery/Airstrike markers are deployed during the Command Segment, thus before the Combat Segment starts.

This is something we may need to highlight?

emanuele

The Arty block is played once per impulse correct?
Or can you play 1 arty into an attack and subsequently into 1 defense in an adjacent area in the opponents impulse??
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

The Arty block is played once per impulse correct?

Correct

hipshot wrote:

Or can you play 1 arty into an attack and subsequently into 1 defense in an adjacent area in the opponents impulse??

No.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Avatar
Flupperdeflup wrote:
hipshot wrote:

The Arty block is played once per impulse correct?

Correct

hipshot wrote:

Or can you play 1 arty into an attack and subsequently into 1 defense in an adjacent area in the opponents impulse??

No.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.