$20.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Rulebook posted. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://cmon-files.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/assets_item/resource...

Thanks to my fellow Aussie

Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb

for finding this!

Enjoy.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
"Thick as a Snicker" ~ ♫ "Your uncle says to, says to tell you, You are a monkey girl."♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking forward to reading the rulebook.
Thanks to both of you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Bellmore
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few differences from the Kickstarter rules I've noticed so far.

- The Sins player draws 5 sin cards at the start of the game (mentioned in the other thread)
- When the Sins player draws an apocalypse card, he now draws 2 and picks one to keep.
- In a Ranged fight, if the monsters are unable to get to the attacking hero they don't move at all. This implies you can't move them wherever you want.

It looks like they didn't clarify the ambiguity with Extra Turn tokens. Was hoping they would.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DarkWolff wrote:
A few differences from the Kickstarter rules I've noticed so far.

- The Sins player draws 5 sin cards at the start of the game (mentioned in the other thread)
- When the Sins player draws an apocalypse card, he now draws 2 and picks one to keep.
- In a Ranged fight, if the monsters are unable to get to the attacking hero they don't move at all. This implies you can't move them wherever you want.

It looks like they didn't clarify the ambiguity with Extra Turn tokens. Was hoping they would.


Hey Wolf, what's the ambiguity you are talking about? Maybe someone here has an opinion on it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Bellmore
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ambiguity revolves around not being able to take two turns in a row. Let's say I'm the last person in the turn order and I have one turn token and an extra action token.

I spend my extra action token, and just have the turn token. This will allow me to take two turns in a row, so can I not choose to do it? You could rule that since you have to spend your turn token, you will get two turns in a row. But what happens if you spend your normal turn token first?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Nice work spotting those rule changes DarkWolff.

"If a Hero has any Extra Turn tokens in his possession, he can choose to discard it, instead of flipping a Turn token"

"If a Hero still has any active Turn tokens available, he must flip it and take a Turn, even if he decides to do nothing during his Turn."

This is not worded well.

I assume it is trying to say that: if you pass you must flip an active turn token if you have one.

Then there is this scenario:
No one has any active turn tokens and everyone has an extra turn token, therefore you can go in any order you want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
DarkWolff wrote:

- In a Ranged fight, if the monsters are unable to get to the attacking hero they don't move at all. This implies you can't move them wherever you want.


This was always the case. A monster cannot go through or leave a space containing a hero.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
DarkWolff is correct. The rule changed.
The addition is: "In case the Monsters are unable to reach the Space occupied by the current hero, they do not move at all."

For example:
If the Hero is 3 spaces away you now don't move the Monster 2 spaces.
If Monster would be pinned half way, then don't move it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
DarkWolff wrote:

- In a Ranged fight, if the monsters are unable to get to the attacking hero they don't move at all. This implies you can't move them wherever you want.


This was always the case. A monster cannot go through or leave a space containing a hero.


That's not what the new rule is saying. It says you can't move if you are not able to reach the hero. It does not say you are in a space with a hero nor moving through a space with a hero.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The free actions (city action, collecting NPC etc...) they can be used anytime during your turn. Can they be done in between your move action? Eg. Move one zone, take the city action then move another zone all in the one move action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, it's listed on page 15 of rule book.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDoubleHelix wrote:
Yes, it's listed on page 15 of rule book.

I see it there clear now. Thanks for pointing it out for me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkWolff wrote:
The ambiguity revolves around not being able to take two turns in a row. Let's say I'm the last person in the turn order and I have one turn token and an extra action token.

I spend my extra action token, and just have the turn token. This will allow me to take two turns in a row, so can I not choose to do it? You could rule that since you have to spend your turn token, you will get two turns in a row. But what happens if you spend your normal turn token first?


I would say a player normally can't take 2 turns in a row unless they have an extra turn token and no one else has one. As in your case.

I've had 2 extra turn tokens on me sometimes (courtesy of Dr. Leah and a City Action) so the whole taking 2 (or 3) turns in a row when no one else has any tokens left is not outside the realms of possibility.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkWolff wrote:
The ambiguity revolves around not being able to take two turns in a row. Let's say I'm the last person in the turn order and I have one turn token and an extra action token.

I spend my extra action token, and just have the turn token. This will allow me to take two turns in a row, so can I not choose to do it? You could rule that since you have to spend your turn token, you will get two turns in a row. But what happens if you spend your normal turn token first?

I think in this case you could have two turns in a row if you wanted to. Regardless which turn token is used first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.