Subject: 7 Player Caverna rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmb
My Father just found out he has cancer and my Nephew is recovering from a difficult surgery. Our families decided to go on our annual vacation because it had already been planned and mostly paid for. Knowing we would be spending most of our time inside due to the health concerns, I packed the van full of games.

The pool table in the basement of the vacation home was quickly turned into a game table as I spread out Caverna for 7 players.

5 of the 7 players had never played Caverna before, but after explaining the rules a few times we were off and running. This game drew everyone in! My Father who is a farmer, was busy trying to raise more sheep and pigs. My sister who enjoys planting a large garden was filling her fields with Pumpkins and Grain. My Brother who is an outdoors man, took on the roll of expeditions and found the Hunting Parlor an enjoyable Cavern. This game played out just as I had hoped it would, giving us a break from the struggles of the world, and bringing the family together around a (pool) table.

It was so awesome to look around the table and see everyone was having a good time... I love 7 player Caverna
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you strength in these difficult times.

(And I want to play Caverna with 7 too!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fowle
United States
Walpole
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sharing this story. This is why we play games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Hasson
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great story. We are just discovering Caverna and loving it as well.
I hope to play with seven too one day.
Out of curiosity - how long did the game take to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you all the best for you and your family. As I read your story I thought about a statement that Klemens Franz mentioned about the question why he loves board games so much (it's not literally):
It's quite interesting that we can play board games and have so much fun with it. You have some "dead" things on your table - some meeples, dices and tokens etc. But when we play board games you can bring all these things to life.

For me it's every time a "magic moment" when a board game comes to life when we play it.
All the best to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Great story. All the best to your family!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
(And I want to play Caverna with 7 too!!)
I'm glad the OP had an enjoyable time, but I don't recommend Caverna with 7. It was not a fun experience for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Shiels
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That really is a heart warming story. Best wishes to you and your family
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmb
mogli43 wrote:
Great story. We are just discovering Caverna and loving it as well.
I hope to play with seven too one day.
Out of curiosity - how long did the game take to play?

The game was 3.5 hours long. But we did use a house rule that limited the # of Dwarves we could play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmb
snikla wrote:
I wish you all the best for you and your family. As I read your story I thought about a statement that Klemens Franz mentioned about the question why he loves board games so much (it's not literally):
It's quite interesting that we can play board games and have so much fun with it. You have some "dead" things on your table - some meeples, dices and tokens etc. But when we play board games you can bring all these things to life.

For me it's every time a "magic moment" when a board game comes to life when we play it.
All the best to you!

I like the "magic moment" / game coming to life comments... When life slows down and I get a chance to think about my day, or my week, so often the "magic moments" of my week have a board game involved. My 7 year old daughter asking if she can play love letter before bedtime. The wife and I sitting down for a game of Le Havre and forgetting the stress of the work week. How about closing my eyes and playing One night ultimate werewolf with my teenage daughters. These game are such an awesome tool to bring friends and family together. It feels good to be alive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also survived 7 player Caverna with 3 or 4 new players.

I will stick to lower number games from here on out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.