8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: BGG Hot Games Room at Gen Con rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently BGG is hosting a hot games room at Gen Con.

See here:

http://gencon.eventdb.us/changes.php?ChangeSet=275

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin OKeefe
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish it was made clear just which games they'll have. I know they list some, but it doesn't appear to be comprehensive. Either way, probably doing this at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just being nosy, does anyone know who canceled a room of this size so close to Gen Con?

It appears that a LARP canceled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin OKeefe
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My concern, going as a solo, is the two hour blocks of time. I'm going to have to go there, then find a game, find people to play, then complete the game in under two hours (unless I have more generics on me) Seems like a tough task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RutgersKev wrote:
My concern, going as a solo, is the two hour blocks of time. I'm going to have to go there, then find a game, find people to play, then complete the game in under two hours (unless I have more generics on me) Seems like a tough task.

So buy two tickets for a 4 hour block of time? I doubt anybody is going to kick you out if go a few minutes over finishing a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be careful... on the BGG Preview livestream, Aldie seemed to indicate that you would be required to pay up to stay at the table. But I think all of this is so new that the structure of the event I'm sure will change up until the room opens and even beyond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Already signed up for 2 sessions. Really looking forward to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.