Subject: Kickstarter promises not kept rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Uwe/Acadamey games,

is there any particular reason why you are not keeping your promises on the Mare Nostrum Kickstarter?

Im referring to this one:

Quote:
EARLY DELIVERY

If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before the games arrive in any other retail outlets!

You have sold and shipped plenty of games through pre-order (yes, your shop is a retail outlet) and now it is available on Amazon.com, while a very high percentage of backers still do not have their copies (basicly everyone except USA&French backers). If I buy the game today on Amazon.com, I would receive it the day after tomorrow. By backing your Kickstarter over a year ago, I'll probably/hopefully get it in 1-2 months time (granted, it will be cheaper than buying on Amazon today).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Nicholas,

Thank you for pointing this out to us. Our apologies for this occurring. While Amazon has the physical copies of the games, they were instructed not to sell them until given approval, just so we could meet our Kickstarter promises.

Uwe contacted Amazon this morning and the game has now been pushed to a pre-order status.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it is now available in multiple retail outlets, in different languages.

These are so many, that it can not possibly be a mistake. Also, from what I can read on the forums here, you sold the game at GenCon.

Backers from LOTS of countries are still missing their games. Asia, Australia, NZ, GB, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany and probably some smaller market countries too.

If you don't intend to keep promises like that, don't make them in the first place.

This is a insincere and shady behaviour for a business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
Hi Uwe/Acadamey games,

is there any particular reason why you are not keeping your promises on the Mare Nostrum Kickstarter?

Im referring to this one:

Quote:
EARLY DELIVERY

If you back us on Kickstarter, you will receive the game several weeks before the games arrive in any other retail outlets!

You have sold and shipped plenty of games through pre-order (yes, your shop is a retail outlet) and now it is available on Amazon.com, while a very high percentage of backers still do not have their copies (basicly everyone except USA&French backers). If I buy the game today on Amazon.com, I would receive it the day after tomorrow. By backing your Kickstarter over a year ago, I'll probably/hopefully get it in 1-2 months time (granted, it will be cheaper than buying on Amazon today).

I've bagged a couple of kickstarter campaigns now. Maybe it was just bad luck to me that only one of them fully met my expectations.

For the others and especially this one, too, I do completely share Nicholas disappointment and agree to his complaint.

It appears to me that it has become kind of usus not to keep the promises made on kickstarter. Especially regarding delivery and/or retail prices (which tend to become a lot lower than KS prices for a couple of products very, very shortly after they hit the stores.)

For me the experiences with Mare Nostrum have been the final clue to decide not to back any games at KS anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.