Popular Tags: [View All]
Mycroft Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
An old, liberal optimist.
badge
Denmark. Go big or go home. We went home.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking over the maps and didn't see any rivers, swamp lands, etc.
Don't know the back story but this looks a little bleak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a bleak world, much of the US is going through a drought. The actual reason though was cleaning up the map. The original map had exceptional detail even state lines, but they had to be removed to reduce the clutter on the board.

As with writing and the fallen land itself, game design is the art of killing your darlings. Some of these little darlings will be resurrected in future expansions, but I am afraid to say map textures like swamps, state lines and rivers will not be showing up.

With that said there are few references to rivers in some of the Encounter cards. For example while securing fort Knox you will transport gold bullion down a river to a new secret location. Another encounter is you have to fight your way past a man with a machine gun to cross a suspension bridge over the a rushing river. One river will even block your escape from a band reavers forcing you to fight or become a late lunch.

Yes, the fallen land is a bleak world. Yet I am always ready to go back for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Pitcher
United States
Solon
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another point on rivers. We don't wan't to give the impression that the map has impassable elements when they are not. Like the Mississippi would technically be a barrier in the Fallen Lands. Especially after the bridges give out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mycroft Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
An old, liberal optimist.
badge
Denmark. Go big or go home. We went home.
mbmbmbmbmb
CuTop wrote:
Another point on rivers. We don't wan't to give the impression that the map has impassable elements when they are not. Like the Mississippi would technically be a barrier in the Fallen Lands. Especially after the bridges give out.

So is this a yes or a no on rivers?
I am not convinced rivers and other water systems are better off being left off the map.

This is a No Buy point for me. Thanks for the insight on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.