Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I found out that Astroscript Pilot Program has been errata'd to 1 copy per deck. As some have noticed, this makes the Core Set NBN deck illegal. Fine. If you want to be that way, buy another core set and put a Breaking News in there. Or just don't bother.

My question has to do with Gen Con's Beginner Netrunner tournament. According to this tournament, you can use the contents of 1 core set to build a deck. Currently, you cannot make a legal NBN with the Core Set. How will this be handled at the tournament? Are they going to make it okay for this time? (If that's the case, do effects like the NAPD most wanted list come into play here?) Or is NBN just a no go for this tournament?

(I strongly considered entering this tournament, but there's another event that I'm going to in the same time slot. Darn.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the tournament specify that they are enforcing the MWL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Astroscript change doesn't have to do with the MWL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it's a full on errata to the card. Will they be implementing that errata at Gen Con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like it says 1st edition rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Avers
United States
Elmore
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I need to go digging, but I swear I remember seeing a tweet by FFGOP that you play them as-originally-printed without the errata or the MWL for this event.

EDIT: Found it.

https://twitter.com/FFGOP/status/755064401166733312
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's an introductory tournament. No errata or MWL or new rules, just the core set as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.