flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
You need one of the 3 mini expansions to play solo or co-op
DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Crisis Expansion Pack 1
DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Crisis Expansion Pack 2
DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Crisis Expansion Pack 3

Each one works best with the set it has replacement superheroes for for use in Crisis Co-op/Solo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some solo-variants floating around these forums.
But as-is the game is designed for multiplayer.

tawnos76 wrote:
Each one works best with the set it has replacement superheroes for for use in Crisis Co-op/Solo

Eh.

Crisis 1 isn't all that related to its base set, the 'theme' of both was pretty lacking (as these are the first sets, that's understandable).

Crisis 2 itself has a strong theme, but it's closest set (Heroes Unite) is lacking in theme, so...eh.

Crisis 3 and Forever Evil were most definitely designed with each other in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some user-made (homebrew) variants for the game here on BGG.

As for Crisis, I'd say the first two could be used with just about any set (except Forever Evil) with little or no mechanical difference. Like Grarrg said, Crisis 3 was most definitely built with Forever Evil in mind, even though it does have rule changes listed for implementation with other sets.

Note that the Crisis games can drag out quite a bit, so if you want to finish a game without more than 2 hours invested, I'd suggest trimming the main deck to about 100 cards and putting in a few less Crisis + Supervillain cards than the manual suggests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.