$15.00
SPACEBOY
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys

The subject says pretty much all: there are cards in the game that allow players to put player cards in game for free (e.g. ally Galadriel). Do they change the normal game rules? For example, using ally Galadriel's ability, may I put into play an attachment card of a sphere from which I don't have a matching hero?

I have the same doubt about some mission cards, as the stage 1B of "The Ring Goes South" (first aventure of "The Road Darkens"saga expansion) which allows players to put a player card into play at no cost.

Thanks for clarifying my journey thru this dark road

___
Edited to change some wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
playing a card and putting a card into play are not the same thing

put a card into play: you just put the card into play. that's it. you're not playing it, so no, you don't need a resource match

play a card: like every card you play, you need a resource match. if it costs 0, you need a resource match. for card abilities that let you play a card for 0, you still need a resource match, which can be problematic for some card effects that let you play resources for any sphere (if its cost is 0, you still need a resource match)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FinrondFelagund wrote:
For example, using ally Galadriel's ability, may I put into play an attachment card of a sphere from which I don't have a matching hero?

Yes

Good luck with the Ring Goes South! I love that boxed set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SPACEBOY
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.