$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
77 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Bernie leaves the Democratic Party. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, he was using it as a method to get elected. He was always an independent before that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dems conspire against Bernie. Bernie leaves over conspiracy. Dems pat themselves on the back for conspiring against Bernie since he left the party because they were conspiring against him.
10 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll like this Drew:

This?
15 
 Thumb up
0.07
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Establishment politics are immersed in corruption. Sanders' politics compel him to be true to his constituents who elected an independent. Nothing surprising at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling the Bern !

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I'm not saying he isn't a sellout, but I would think that this is evidence he isn't as much a sellout as people thought. If he stuck with the party and continued to campaign for Clinton, that would be "such a sellout". Leaving the party is just damage control for his dignity.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
If he stuck with the party and continued to campaign for Clinton, that would be "such a sellout". Leaving the party is just damage control for his dignity.


I assume he was paid for his endorsement and then contractually was allowed to leave upon the news of the leaked DNC memos. I assume the embarrassment for him, allowed him to move his timetable up.

I have no idea how much he was paid, but it had to be a fairly good amount.

Also this seems like it will be wasted as he probably wont be with her now in the fall.

Quote:
“Sen. Bernie Sanders will back Hillary Clinton in exchange for speaking opportunities at fall campaign rallies, a fully-funded campaign aircraft and a share of the credit for her hoped-for election"

‘Request a plane and staff for a series of fall rallies in battleground states … plane would be paid for by the DNC,’ according the the Sanders memo, titled ‘End Game 2016’ and addressed to ‘Bernie 2016,'” the report added.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Meh. Much ado about nothing. Something else for tiny minds to get into a lather about.

It's a damn, damn shame, though, that Sanders waited until he was 73 to run for the presidency. We needed this conversation in 1988 or even earlier. Government should be about the people, aka the 99%, and not the 1 percent who already have it made. The 1-percenters can take care of themselves. The rest of us need the government to work for us, not the rich asshats.
7 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the point of selling out at all if he was going to leave the party the next day?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
What was the point of selling out at all if he was going to leave the party the next day?


He didn't "leave the party"
http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-leaves-the-democratic-p...

He just said that his senate seat is Independent.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
dandechino wrote:
What was the point of selling out at all if he was going to leave the party the next day?


He didn't "leave the party"
http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-leaves-the-democratic-p...

He just said that his senate seat is Independent.


So he was never a member?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Kaine didn't recommend or choose Debbie Wasserman Schulz to succeed him.

And DWS may have tried to help Hillary, but she was colossally ineffective in doing so. The answer to "what better way" to lock down the nomination is, well, thousands of things more important than this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Tim Kaine didn't recommend or choose Debbie Wasserman Schulz to succeed him.

And DWS may have tried to help Hillary, but she was colossally ineffective in doing so. The answer to "what better way" to lock down the nomination is, well, thousands of things more important than this.


5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Bernie will go back to the Senate as an Independent exactly as he was before his Presidential run. He will continue to advocate for his positions and he will caucus with the Democrats, just as he has all these years. How is this news?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuraicat wrote:
So, Bernie will go back to the Senate as an Independent exactly as he was before his Presidential run. He will continue to advocate for his positions and he will caucus with the Democrats, just as he has all these years. How is this news?


It seems disingenuous to me to run for the Democratic nomination and exert considerable pressure to modify the Democratic platform and then refuse to join the party that has done so much to accommodate your views. It's not the biggest story of the year, but it does reflect poorly on him. If he doesn't want to belong to the party then maybe he should stay out of its nominating and platform process.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Samuraicat wrote:
So, Bernie will go back to the Senate as an Independent exactly as he was before his Presidential run. He will continue to advocate for his positions and he will caucus with the Democrats, just as he has all these years. How is this news?


It seems disingenuous to me to run for the Democratic nomination and exert considerable pressure to modify the Democratic platform and then refuse to join the party that has done so much to accommodate your views. It's not the biggest story of the year, but it does reflect poorly on him. If he doesn't want to belong to the party then maybe he should stay out of its nominating and platform process.


It reflects poorly on him in your opinion. I'm of a different mind. It doesn't bother me in the least.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, different people can have different opinions? This is new!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Wait, different people can have different opinions? This is new!


Exactly. How dare he not show loyalty to the party that showed no loyalty to him. How dare he leave the party that actively worked against him.

That ungrateful wretch!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good. I've always said he was an interloper there to rob the Democrats of their candidate with all those 3rd party Bernie voters. I'm glad to see the DNC was successfully able to fend him off, as they should. Next time he should run as a third party, where he belongs.

Too bad the RNC wasn't so successful in flushing theirs.
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
How dare he not show loyalty to the party that showed no loyalty to him.


Around 40% of the party voted for him, so this seems demonstrably false.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
How dare he not show loyalty to the party that showed no loyalty to him.


Around 40% of the party voted for him, so this seems demonstrably false.


Yes, when I'm talking about the Party, I'm clearly talking about the people that voted for him and not the Party Leaders. Good observation there, Columbo. You sure sussed me out.
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Yes, when I'm talking about the Party, I'm clearly talking about the people that voted for him and not the Party Leaders. Good observation there, Columbo. You sure sussed me out.


I've usually got no idea what you're talking about. The Democratic Party is made up of tens of millions of people, so when you talk about "the Party" and you claim that just means three or four out of those tens of millions, that just seems inane.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Yes, when I'm talking about the Party, I'm clearly talking about the people that voted for him and not the Party Leaders. Good observation there, Columbo. You sure sussed me out.


I've usually got no idea what you're talking about. The Democratic Party is made up of tens of millions of people, so when you talk about "the Party" and you claim that just means three or four out of those tens of millions, that just seems inane.


I didn't know there were tens of millions who conspired against him. Guess I should read those emails closer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Yes, when I'm talking about the Party, I'm clearly talking about the people that voted for him and not the Party Leaders. Good observation there, Columbo. You sure sussed me out.


I've usually got no idea what you're talking about. The Democratic Party is made up of tens of millions of people, so when you talk about "the Party" and you claim that just means three or four out of those tens of millions, that just seems inane.


I didn't know there were tens of millions who conspired against him. Guess I should read those emails closer.


Oooh, look at me, I am completely aware that the party conspired against a candidate but since you said "the party" I will try and interpret that in a stupid ass way so we can draw the conversation out longer and talk about needless bull shit to make myself feel high and mighty.

Grow a fucking brain, we ALL KNOW that the higher ups played against Bernie. Now I guess the hive mind can see the contortions you guys will go through to justify your love for HIllary.
Psychos
3 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Yes, when I'm talking about the Party, I'm clearly talking about the people that voted for him and not the Party Leaders. Good observation there, Columbo. You sure sussed me out.


I've usually got no idea what you're talking about. The Democratic Party is made up of tens of millions of people, so when you talk about "the Party" and you claim that just means three or four out of those tens of millions, that just seems inane.


I didn't know there were tens of millions who conspired against him. Guess I should read those emails closer.


Oooh, look at me, I am completely aware that the party conspired against a candidate but since you said "the party" I will try and interpret that in a stupid ass way so we can draw the conversation out longer and talk about needless bull shit to make myself feel high and mighty.

Grow a fucking brain, we ALL KNOW that the higher ups played against Bernie. Now I guess the hive mind can see the contortions you guys will go through to justify your love for HIllary.
Psychos


You have to keep in mind, Dashi, that David has been given so many handjobs to the Dems in the alley, he can't admit that they might have an STD. Better to blame others for that STD.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.