Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anne Cooper is one of the "Paint Crew" at Reaper Miniatures, and painted up the WDNS miniatures for display at San Diego Comic Con. My guess is that these are the higher-detail resin miniatures (some of which are used as masters for the plastic production miniatures. The sculpts look quite promising, and Anne found painting these miniatures "really exciting to work on". Yay, professional endorsement!

EDIT: Anne's DeviantArt website: http://annecooper.deviantart.com/gallery/

More: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/70027-the-walki...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha. Someone on Lead Adventurers has a scale pic:

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=92188.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Pijnacker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If allowed, these should be uploaded to the BGG site of the game, these look great and deserve some thumbs and gg thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Pijnacker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
el_crosso wrote:
If allowed, these should be uploaded to the BGG site of the game, these look great and deserve some thumbs and gg thumbsup

Current pictures are not the best for sharing, so if Anne is willing to share better png/jpg than please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
el_crosso wrote:
el_crosso wrote:

Current pictures are not the best for sharing, so if Anne is willing to share better png/jpg than please

Anne is a phenomenal painter.

The pictures don't really show these resin masters as very detailed, and I worry they'll be even less detailed in plastic.

Michone's sword is going to be difficult to keep straight in plastic as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Cooper
United States
flag msg tools
Hi! Thanks everyone!

Regarding the quality of the figures, the ones I painted were resin masters. I haven't personally seen the final figures material in person, but I think they will be really good. Particularly, because AMC was overseeing the likeness factor so heavily on the master sculpts. I can't imagine they would go through all that effort to release a final product that wasn't up to par.

I do wish I had had abit more time for painting (2 weeks for 13 figures -marathon!) and was better at photography . And in retrospect I should have photographed before starting as well to share more of the process. I think the before shots would assuage peoples' concerns.

The clear bases don't come with the game, I made them separately as I found in the course of painting some of the duplicates were to be given to the actors. I was afraid with the masters being so delicate they would break on them. I seriously was over the moon at the picture with them!

One thing I really liked about these miniatures were the more realistic proportions. Yes, it is more challenging to paint faces (and eyes under hat brims, it's all about the hats!), that are smaller but the overall feel of the figure is more like painting a small sculpture, if that makes any sense. Stephan did a fantastic job with these figures. My painting skills don't do enough justice to his work.

I do like Mantic's figures that portray the characters from the graphic novels as well and I think for Walking Dead fans who are into both the show and the graphic novels, these are great compliments to have. Having read the graphic novels, the show is more like an alternate universe setting.

I have some additional photos of different angles of the figures here: http://minicreatures.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work Anne! I love what you've done with them! I can't wait to take a crack at those myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Probably some people will complain because they are expecting Games Workshop's quality on the miniatures, but they are good enough for the kind of game they have been designed for.
And you did an excellent job with them Anne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
el_crosso wrote:

Anne's given me the ok to upload the pics (well, I think that's what her PM implicitly said (:

fyi, BGG only allows group shots of mini's, so I'll upload the group shot and link it to this thread.

Myself, in two weeks, I'd only be able to get the mold lines scraped off! zombie

EDIT: Anne mentioned Update 3 had some pics. For those who joined later, lookatemgo! zombie

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Cooper
United States
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for your help! My brain is total oatmeal after work. So excited! The governor unlocked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aerethan on Dakka said:

Quote:
I'll see if there are any unpainted masters floating around the office when I go in Wednesday for playtesting. If I am allowed to post pics of them, I will.

The 3D sculptor for all of these did a ton of work on Kingdom Death, so I can at least assure you they are far better than the GB stuff from last year.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/696379.pa...

Also, fwiw, here're some standees from another CZE WD boardgame:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.