Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the news of the gencon releases, I'm starting to wonder what the final class roster will look like (from what is known so far)

These are the ones I've heard of/can remember.

Gunslinger
Priest
Rancher
Marshal
Law Man
Saloon Girl/piano player
Bandito
Scout
Outlaw (kse)
Drifter
Orphan
Prospector
Jargono native
Frontier Doc
Darkstone Shaman
Cowboy
Gambler
Samurai

Have I forgotten any?

Also: what, if anything, do we know about the shaman?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wandering Samurai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that the shaman can turn into a bear. There's a bear mini that comes with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
We know that the shaman can turn into a bear. There's a bear mini that comes with it.

A bear! A bear! All black and brown and covered in hair!

Do we know if the bear itself will be usable in the game if you're not playing with the Shaman? I recall that it was offered as an add-on by its lonesome.

(very much looking forward to the Jargono Native and the Shaman. Those will add a ton of flavor ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lieberoth wrote:
ScottE wrote:

A bear! A bear! All black and brown and covered in hair!

Do we know if the bear itself will be usable in the game if you're not playing with the Shaman? I recall that it was offered as an add-on by its lonesome.

(very much looking forward to the Jargono Native and the Shaman. Those will add a ton of flavor ).

No idea though that would be cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know when the extra classes will be available at retail? Sure this has been asked somewhere before so apologies for asking again! Got SoB back out last night to play a new campaign with the wife and introducing Frontier Towns so want to get some new classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to get a 5th hero so that my whole game group of 5 can play. For the currently released hero classes, is the ONLY way to get more than 4 to buy the 2nd core box? (I missed the KS so that other class isn't an option for me.)

I'll try to be clearer- I have City of Ancients, but do not want to get the other core set - it was just too painful for me to assemble (I have never had that much trouble with minis, and they don't look great). So, there's no way to get any other classes right now, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
The other classes will be available once FFP finalizes retail packaging on them. As of this moment they were available in small quantities on their website in prerelease packaging and will be available at gencon also in prerelease. Judging by how long it took from other preleases to finalized, it may take anywhere from a month to 6 months to hit actual retail stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cajuntechie wrote:
I'd like to get a 5th hero so that my whole game group of 5 can play. For the currently released hero classes, is the ONLY way to get more than 4 to buy the 2nd core box? (I missed the KS so that other class isn't an option for me.)

I'll try to be clearer- I have City of Ancients, but do not want to get the other core set - it was just too painful for me to assemble (I have never had that much trouble with minis, and they don't look great). So, there's no way to get any other classes right now, right?

There is nothing wrong with having two of the same class, unless you are adverse to writing things down. As it is you could have 2 gunslingers and grab a pistol from the gear deck. You can probably come up with a way of adjusting for the other classes as well. 2 Marshals different starting upgrades, grab one shotgun a normal and the other from the item deck. The Saloon girl would be the only tricky one.

You could order the alternate minis from the FFP webstore or proxy them with another line like Black Scorpion minis or Reaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, currently the new classes and alt gender minis are made in resin. If you don't have much experience in modeling be aware they are more difficult to assemble. Some have tiny pieces to glue and they have lots of sprue connects that need to be carefully removed. You need a very good quality super glue (I used Gorilla brand) since standard model glue won't work. If you want to paint, water based primers don't stick, so use an enamel based one.

But on the plus side the minis are amazing and so much more detailed then the core set hero minis. Once I got some painted I really loved how they looked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Do we know when the extra classes will be available at retail? Sure this has been asked somewhere before so apologies for asking again! Got SoB back out last night to play a new campaign with the wife and introducing Frontier Towns so want to get some new classes.

Welcome back,

The new classes were available on the webstore for their 4th of July sale. They may be putting them back up on the webstore if they have any leftovers from GenCon. They did the same thing last year with all the preview packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Also, currently the new classes and alt gender minis are made in resin. If you don't have much experience in modeling be aware they are more difficult to assemble. Some have tiny pieces to glue and they have lots of sprue connects that need to be carefully removed. You need a very good quality super glue (I used Gorilla brand) since standard model glue won't work. If you want to paint, water based primers don't stick, so use an enamel based one.

But on the plus side the minis are amazing and so much more detailed then the core set hero minis. Once I got some painted I really loved how they looked.

Good point. The Female Marshal is one piece so you should have no trouble there. The Bandida, I think, is two pieces. You just have to glue her hat to her back. The alternate gunslingers are 3 pieces each I believe. The Saloon girl is a little tricky, but it's just the upper torso and lower. I think the Piano player is one piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, serious question about the bear: will it come with a tutu so that we can once again have the joy that is Jojo gracing a FFP game? Because Jojo is the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think so.

But we should clearly make a JoJo hero class, and use the miniature from IFOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gavindowning wrote:
I don't think so.

But we should clearly make a JoJo hero class, and use the miniature from IFOS.

My wife is already just planning on playing the shaman permanently in bear form with the Jojo mini...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.